Another quick silver question

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by playin4funami, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think the pandas are very reputable.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

You must be talking about that commercial made to old to old people or people that know nothing about coins really...
    They say something about this coin is made with 35mg of PURE gold or some crap like that...it makes me laugh and also makes me shake my head wondering how many people buy that crap thinking it's a good investment. I could actually see my dad buying into that thinking they wouldn't screw him over...and I had to also tell him not to buy one of those crappy safes filled with 4,000 coins. THe company says in the ad that "you can actually use these coins in hard economic times to put food on the table and pay bills as they are REAL U.S. currency" "you get a mixture of morgan dollars,buffalo nickels,gold dollars and 10 collectable $2 bills all for only 20 payments of $104.32" IMO I think you get 2 morgan dollars to say you get dollars not dollar, also you get at least 2-38 presidential dollars I doubt any sacs unless they are 2000, and then rest of the of the coins are probably 2005 buffalo nickels...and the safe btw is one of those $300-$400 safes...man they care about the public...

just gotta watch out for people trying to rip you off...

4. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

I think you just need to look at the market - ebay - wherever. If you can buy xxx for less, you will be offered less for xxx when you want to sell it.

Likewise, some people think they've found a "secret" way to buy silver cheap - in the form of proof coins. Well guess what - when the time comes to sell, you'll get less than you would for more standard forms of silver coins.

But it doesn't stop people from hoping! Of course, if silver goes to $100/oz it doesn't really matter and that's the other hope.

5. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Yeah I was talking to krispy about this the other day I think.

It's 31 milligrams of PURE 24K gold. WOW! Amazing! No wonder it's limited to 5 per house hold, this is a steal...I mean....deal! :D

If you catch the commercial early on, they show the real buffalo coin, and show the .999 in the back while talking about its real value. Then later on when they show the coin again, this time, the one you're going to buy, they show the back, but you can see, the .999 part is not there.

When they say it can be used as real currency, they are probably talking about the real coin, not the one they are selling. But who cares about the fine print....

This is definitley scumbag advertising. Goes right next to those cash for gold commericials...

Draft saved Draft deleted