Anna's Demise

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Jan 13, 2010.

1. fatima

fatima Junior Member

To be fair, the First Spouse coins are clearly numismatic coins and should not be considered on the same terms as bullion for investing. If judged in terms of nothing more than melt value, I recommend purchasing low premium bullion slugs. These coins are not for you.

Remember, the most valuable coins are those which did not have high interest at the time they were being issued.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

I guess by that reasoning the 1995-W Proof ASE had no interest amongst collectors then... ;) And what about the low mintage 2008-w fractional American Gold Buffalo coins...

4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Perhaps you would agree with...

5. krispy

krispy krispy

6. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Please read the statement again if you are a bit confused. It is not exclusive to valuable or to low mintage. The point, that should not be too difficult for coin collectors to fathom or split english over, is that the most valuable coins, from a numismatic perspective, are the ones the most difficult to get. Many times this is because there wasn't much interest in the coin when it was being issued. Of course there are other reasons for low mintages.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Well, thus far, your terms (i.e. 'most valuable', 'most difficult to get') are subjective and ambiguous. Please cite those coins which you think apply to your previous statement to remove any such confusion you feel may have arisen as a result of the prior statements vagaries.

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

letitia tyler - 7,655
    julia tyler ---7,001
    sarah polk --6,823
    m. taylor ---5,030

now abigail fillmore-??? tomorrow guys.

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

According to the MintNewsBlog...

10. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Indeed. I completely agree and it should be obvious to all. Not even sure why we are having this conversation since you feel this way too.

11. krispy

krispy krispy

If that's as good as you're willing to do, then so be it ;)

12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Some interesting clarification from the Mint News Blog...

New Mintages...
    Anna's Demise...still sounds a bit "iffy"...

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Two and a half hours to go...the suspense is KILLING me! :hammer:

14. krispy

krispy krispy

Good luck to you today!

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

You picking up any?

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Nope. I'm not in on the FS series just here to learn about them and follow the saga of the keys. So you won't have this member tying up the lines with any orders... so have at them.

17. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Should be intesting to see what happens. I just don't want to take the chance of not getting some nice coins if the "worst case scenario" occurs...dealers buy them up in a day and return the dregs for the rest of us. Likely won't happen, but "ya never know".

It'll also be interesting to see if they end the Anna Harrison coin today. It's anyone's guess what the Mint is up to. I wrote a comment to the lastest Mint News Blog asking that very question...no one from the Mint has the "cajones" to addressed it.

Btw...don't you ever work!?

18. krispy

krispy krispy

I like to think I'm a multi-tasker... but I'm able to work from home mostly.

19. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

that's is why all the mint products with capsule must be sealed again with plastic. like 20 capsule coin sealed in a plastic sheet. if some one open the plastic seal. that's it. that is open. do not buy them. and the mint will also know who open it and search for the good one. the mint will then not allow those open sealed plastic to return. simple as that. do you agree?.

20. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

That might work! ...they need to do something to stop Dealers from taking advantage of the little guy. :thumb:

21. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

:loud: 15 minutes left!!!

I still can't add anything to my cart, yet. Hopefully they'll change that soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted