Americans Will LOSE 90% Of Their Wealth, Buy These 2 Assets NOW

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Nov 19, 2021.

1. ChasPay

ChasPay Active Member

Water purifier and an old hunting camp in the country. Just stock it up and improve it over time. Small windmill. Most garden plant seeds can be stored for several years, salt, etc. I recently completed an online class on curing meat. Basically make all those skills a sort of hobby. Doubt I will ever need them but it can be interesting and fun.

Eric the Red and usmc 6123 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

There's an apocryphal story about the Wall St. wizard who sold all of his stocks a few weeks before the crash of '29. People were in awe of his investment acumen and market prescience. He was hounded for years by those who wanted to tap his genius. Finally he relented. "I was going up to my Wall St. office when I heard the elevator operator giving stock tips to the janitor. It was then that I knew the market was over-populated with with investment ignoramuses and highly unstable so I sold everything." By the time the ignoramuses catch on and panic buy, the big boys are already pre-positioned to pull the rug out from under them and make a bundle. Suggest people first clear or at least minimize their debt load before they seek out a janitor-expert.

fretboard, Eric the Red and Two Dogs like this.
  4. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Agreed...assets over liabilities are the key to a good nights sleep.

JPD3 and Eric the Red like this.
  5. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

Housing prices will move inversely to interest rates as peopke basically buy by how much monthly payment they can afford. Higher interest rates = lower purchase price. A lot of speculators are going to be hung out to dry and be selling at distress level pricing

Eric the Red likes this.
  6. chascat

Same thing happened in 2009

7. Bruce DiLego

Bruce DiLego Member

Just an observation, but does anyone else notice the amount of spelling errors in this thread? I hope that you can add and subtract better than you can spell, or everyone here will be poor. Alright, I will turn my spell check off now, thanks

fretboard likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Welcome to the Internet.

[​IMG]

Count your blessings that yours has an "off" switch. The one in my head doesn't. :(

Eric the Red likes this.
  9. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

My 2 favorite assets in times of uncertainty are Precious Metals & Machine Guns :)
    The perfect combo.

These 2 assets have survived the test of time and work just about every time :)

20211203_230822.jpg

fretboard likes this.
  10. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

The value of my properties have gone up and so have my taxes. Gold is and always has been just a representation of value. The real value has always been the land and everything on it, in it and what it produces.

There are always chicken littles. They are bound to be right once in awhile if they sing the same tune long enough. Anyone who tells you gold is going to save you from ruin is trying to sell you gold and will be happy to accept your currency at a margin.

Bilbo1 and chascat like this.
  11. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Never bring a sword to a gunfight

12. frech001

frech001 New but Old

The big growing threat is climate change, understand that and what those who do are investing in. Don't by coastal land, don't buy in areas with water shortage. Learn Spanish! Get vaccinated and get the boosters. Invest in next generation nuclear power, as Gates, Bezos and Musk are, especially small modular technologies with contracts to build already. The spent nuclear waste from the old light water reactors will become valuable fuel for next generation safe reliable technologies. Don't buy in areas subject to flooding or droughts. The value in collecting coins comes from learning the history of the past. World coin collecting provides the additional history related to natural resources and geopolitics.

mralexanderb likes this.
  13. chascat

Don't forget about volcanos, earthquakes, wildfire or political and social unrest...there is actually not a single safe place to live on planet Earth.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Bilbo1 likes this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

and some where unmentionable, " Lawyers, Guns, and Money " are busy!

I liked the Excitable Boy album the best. Jim

16. frech001

frech001 New but Old

"Safe" is a relative term. Some places are predictably worse than others. Of course there are always asteroids, no predicting where they may hit. But living in fear, buying guns anticipating the need to start killing neighbors to keep them from stealing your food stockpile seems like a very depressing option. The big challenge facing humanity is ignorance and the abundance of deliberate misinformation.

The benefit of this site is to learn from experts about coins. Toward that end, exposing counterfeit coins is beneficial, to help collectors make informed decisions when purchasing coins. The heading on this thread focuses on material wealth, but the real loss we are experiencing is loss of trust due to the abundance of counterfeit information.

17. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

The second paragraph is spot on for this site. I have learned so much on this site from just reading and mouthing off. They school you on here about buying from reputable dealer or people you can trust and have bought from before. My neighbors are welcome to come eat borrow lawn mowers, tractor ect..

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

In my opinion, the housing market is not healthy. Many are buying homes at crazy prices and the banks are loaning them the money. The only good thing is that interest rates can be found in the 2 to 3% range.
    Over the next few years, prices will fall to a more reasonable amount. Those that bought high will be at risk if they have changes in income.

Those buying rental property are in for the same ride. People will no longer need to pay such high prices for rent. Those that have owned rental property for many years are in a great spot. They can lower the rent and still have a nice return.
    Many that have had rental property for a long time have depreciated the property to the land value. Many are cashing out. It's a great time. The increase in market value will go a long ways in covering the cap gains they would have had to pay. It's a blessing for those ready get away from taking care of rentals.

Right now is a sellers market not a buyers market. Sorry this was such a long post. It was tough to make it much shorter.

BasSWarwick, -jeffB and Eric the Red like this.
  19. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

the dealers are the smart ones. they get you coming and going

20. montynj3417

montynj3417 Active Member

You are, anyhow,....the next time you wanna set!

21. montynj3417

montynj3417 Active Member

Buy an aquifer; when they get thirsty, you'll be in like Flynn!

Draft saved Draft deleted