American Silver Eagle Collector Coins (Mintage vs Market Value)

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Phil Ham, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Has the 4th Edition come out by Mercanti? I have an edition that stops too soon for me to keep up with my ASEs. I really like his book due to his research. There are several ASEs that are included in other sets, i.e., the Limited Edition to say one. Is there another book or reference that includes not only the ASEs, but sets. I've got several other sets with an ASE included. What about the ASEs that don't have mint marks?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

My list includes the mintages from ASE's from sets such as the Limited Edition and the Congratulation sets. The notes section provides those details. I'm not familiar with the Mercanti 4th Edition. I get my mintage data from the US mint website, older data from Krause, and the current values from eBay (sold auctions).

4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Thanks for your information. I don't remember which edition my book is. It has a blue cover. I am trying to collect information about which ASE or other sets that include ASEs. I had completely forgot about the Congratulation ASE, but I did get one a while back, but I sent it to my granddaughter when she graduated high school. Again, thanks for your information. I need to do a lot more research in my collecting of ASE's.

5. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Here is the end of the year update for the ASE collector coins. Many of the ASE's continue to hold value as demand seems to be outstripping supply.

upload_2023-1-1_15-39-8.png

upload_2023-1-1_15-46-55.png

masterswimmer and Santinidollar like this.
  6. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Here is my 2023-W UNC ASE.

2023-W UNC Obverse.jpg 2023-W UNC Reverse.jpg

Clawcoins likes this.
  7. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Here is my 2023-W Proof ASE.

2023-W ASE Proof - Obverse .jpg 2023-W ASE Proof - Reverse.jpg

Clawcoins and green18 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted