American Eagle Palladium Bullion Coin Act Introduced in House

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by krispy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Anyone have any new news on the Palladium Eagle?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

To the best of my knowledge, from watching the numismatic publications for this topic, the song remains the same, as mentioned in my previous post, #120, until the Mint's contracted independent research firm submits the results of the study to the Secretary of the Treasury and Congress for review in FY 2012.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

You out there swagge1? :D

Here's a new related article on the palladium study for the potential palladium eagle coin this thread tracks:

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Mint palladium bullion coin study under way

Contracted firm studying program's market potential
    from Coin World [06/28/2012]

5. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I don't get why they dont consider fractionals. Seems like it would open up a much larger market of people who might drop $150 on a coin but never $750.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Just save up and buy what they offer if you like the coin. This is an initial offering. If the market demand is strong enough and the feasibility report shows the $25 palladium Eagle coin is supported by investors and collectors, then perhaps the product line can be expanded. But as it is, palladium is not a widely available coined metal that people seek out, creating fractionals from the start may not be the best business expense and decision to start with if they fail to attract attention and interest from customers. The Mint has withdrawn fractional coins from platinum eagles and gold buffalos alike. Expanding the product line too quickly can be detrimental to the overall introduction of a new metal and coin design for a rather fickle investing market as well for the fickel investor and collector customer of any such products.

Think of this as an initial offering in an extension to the overall Eagle family of coins:

$1 Silver Eagles
    $25 Palladium Eagles
    $5, $10, $25, $50 Gold Eagles
    and
    $100 Platinum Eagles

7. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Still no new news huh?

8. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Somehow I saw this thread had a new post and was thinking to myself... "Hrm... I bet it's just someone asking about an update, and not really an update... But here's hoping!!"

DOH!:p

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Nada.

10. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

That would be me. Every few months I hope that krispy has an update for us. Empty handed this quarter. :(

11. kellybeynnett

kellybeynnett New Member

Palladium Bullion Coins vs. Gold and Platinum One

No, I don't have...(

When considering currently soaring precious metals prices, most people automatically think of buying gold bullion coins as a reliable hedge against difficult economic times ahead. However, have you looked into palladium bullion coins and bars as a type of investment? It’s worth knowing that this type of metal has more industrial uses than any other precious metal and it’s used in the catalytic converters manufacturing, dentistry and electronics. Its price is very dependent on its manufacturing applications.
    You should read this interesting article about Palladium Bullion Coins vs. Gold and Platinum One! It may be useful for you or other readers;)

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Maybe. But neither it, nor the rest of your paragraph, are relevant to the topic of this thread. And when your first two posts here are hawking the same Web site, it's easy for us to get a little suspicious.

13. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

SOS=Same Old Story. Down the line, you may need to CONVINCE a buyer that the APE's (American Palladium Eagles) are palladium, not silver. Why bother? Why set yourself up for difficulty?

Aside from the red herring of "storage space" regarding silver, there's no reason to stack anything except gold and silver MINT ISSUES. And the copper hoarders? Dream on. Forget bars, rounds, rhodium, palladium, and half a dozen other unnecessarily-complicated boondoggles.

14. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I remember back in college when I learned how to make a website like this. If someone paid me fifty bucks I could make one of those. How horrible do these people feel when they settle down at night knowing that they sucked so bad at life that they had to lie, and do a bad job at it, to scrap by in life.

15. JJK78

JJK78 Member

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks for posting the link...

Most of the info in the article is a repeat from what we already knew to date. This latest article just shows that we are still on track for the earlier announced December 2012 feasibility report we've been waiting for all year. It's an important hurdle to pass to see if this coin program goes further to being realized.

17. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I'd be interested in Paladium coins. Any new info would be greatly appreciated.

The spot price hovers from $596 t0 $609 more or less. The Canadian Paladium Maple Leaf is about $640 to $675. Per 1 ozt.(Apmex). But, the Canadian Mint doesn't list the purity on the coin! Unless I just missed it.
    Apmex doesn't mention it either. It's got to be .999 pure, at least. .9999 would be nicer.

You know the US Mint will jack up the price because they can!

18. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

According to Public Law 111-303, “should the Secretary determine that it is appropriate to issue proof or uncirculated versions of such coin, the Secretary shall, to the greatest extent possible, ensure that the surface treatment of each year’s proof or uncirculated version differs in some material way from that of the preceding year.”

If these coins are issued I would certainly purchase one of the bullion, proof and uncirculated in the hopes that the sales figure would be low. If this series doesn't catch on and is ended atleast I'de have these pieces. Also, it appears from the language in the law above that the coins will be different , if only slightly, from year to year. This may create a premium on a first year run if the series doesn't start off popular.

19. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

Does anyone know the purity of the Canadian coins?
    Or the proposed USM coins?

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Yeah, you just missed it...

The Canadian $50 denomination palladium maple leaf coins are 1 oz. .9995 pur. You can see it stamped on the coin, per the example listed on APMEX at this link.

And read most any link I've added to this thread previously and you can find that the proposed $25 denomination 1 oz. Palladium Eagle would also be .9995 fine palladium.

The next news you should expect on this coin program will be what is reported once the report is made public in December or sometime thereafter when the Mint shares the results of the feasibility report.

21. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted