Aelius: The Emperor Who Wasn’t

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Parthicus Maximus

Parthicus Maximus Well-Known Member

What a lively portrait, I think the best of Aelius I have ever seen. And again a good write-up!

Curtisimo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Looks great Curtis. Nice new addition to the collection.

Curtisimo likes this.
  4. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Thanks Bing!

That’s a nice looking animal coin. Reminds me of the big ol’ hippo Steve showed in the 1st Imperator Tournament. Good job on releasing it back into the wild ;)

That A. Pius is possibly my favorite coin of yours. A marvelous portrait style.

Simply wow Terrance. I don’t know which side of that coin to compliment more. Stunning!

I very much enjoyed your post @Limes . You are a solid emperor ahead of me on completing the set. I still lack Lucius Verus.

Congratulations on the milestone!

Nice coin Q! Thanks for the cudos :)

I remember when you got that I thought, wow, what a great SS gift! Truly some generous members we have here.

Speaking of which I haven’t seen a Secret Saturnalia thread this year. Isn’t this about the time we normal do it? I haven’t seen JA in a while. I hope he is okay.

Thanks for the kind words Z! Nice Lucius Verus. He’s the odd man out so far on my target list. I’ve been really waiting to find a Partian campaign example that speaks to me.

zumbly and Severus Alexander like this.
  5. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Thanks Parthicus Maximus!

Thank you ACH :)

dadams likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted