Advice on selling bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Mr. Coin, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

I've got a truckload of bullion I'm looking to sell and roll over into other coins. Is anyone out there known for paying a particularly high price? Or is everyone about the same? I'm trying to assess whether I should sell on ebay.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Why don't you ask for prices at local coin shops first? Some are okay, some are ripoffs. One shop near me is paying about $1 over spot for ASEs.

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

It depends on what you consider a truck load.
    It depends on what you consider bullion.

Some bullion coins have a numismatic value far above melt value.

The only way to answer your generic question is with a generic answer. Sorry.

5. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

Andrew,

I've got a run of BU Silver Eagles from 86-03, and a run of BU Maple Leafs (Leaves?) from 88-03. I estimate a retail value of about $750.

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think you might get about $16 per coin for 34 coins [$544] unless there is something special that you didn't mention.

7. jgreenhood

jgreenhood Senior Member

A dollar over spot on ASE! What a rip off unless they are the common 2000's.

I know on gold were paying like 10% back of bid.

Use Kitco.com to find out what the current rate in gold is. I've seen it drop $30 in a day. Hopefully you didn't buy it when it was at ridiculous prices in the 80's.

Call around and ask what local dealers & jewlers are paying for bullion & ASE's.

What ever you do don't sell it to guys set up at a hotel or to that place that advertises on TV. Both are rip offs. The one on TV pays by the penny weight & so only pay's 1/2 the value & if you don't like their price quote you will find something missing when your stuff is returned to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted