A Youtuber Who is Not Stacking Silver?!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Jun 16, 2021.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The long term investor doesn’t worry to much
    about fluctuation one way or another it’s going to happen.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Hear Dat. Why not hookup up the peeps then be done with that part of the chase
    thanks for that post. You spoke well

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    yakpoo likes this.
  4. Cheech9712

I think @yakpoo is bull headed Wink.

yakpoo likes this.
  5. Cheech9712

Wait a tad then sell. At 67. Take your girl and bungee or ski dive and take a trip you fly to

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I didn't mean to sound braggadocios there. My point is that "Spot" price isn't a very good measure of when and at what price to stack. Everything is relative. Coins/PMs are good for diversification, but you really need to be in the equity markets for long term capital appreciation. Coins and PMs don't produce anything.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Gave @Mojavedave my best answer. I shouldn’t have been the first person. Just my mood today

8. Cheech9712

Ten years. Enjoy now

Collecting Nut likes this.
  9. KeyHunter

KeyHunter Supporter! Supporter

This past February when silver was ~$28/ounce I sold ALL 40 lbs (654 ounces) I had accumulated since 2013. I was at a point of becoming bored with it, research showing that in the last 100 year history of silver it had only been above $30/oz TWICE...and then only briefly for less than 5 years, I was getting antsy for more gold considering the ratio being SO favorable for it and gold being true sound money to preserve wealth since that was what Central Banks hold. The sale brought in over $19K, which I used to instead extend a gold bullion purchase streak started at the 2020 November election. I was excoriated on some silver stacker forums but that was "other's" problems, not mine...everyone makes their own decisions based on circumstances and desires. Since recent retirement I've re-entered coin collecting with a focus on key/semi key dates and formats across all series (including classic silver and modern gold) so I've just tweaked my silver-saving into quality vs quantity ;). To each their own...but the main thing is have fun coin collecting.

crazyd, midas1 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  10. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have a decent source for junk silver and tend to get quite overloaded with it from time to time. When my floors begin sagging from the weight, I go and swap bucketloads of silver for some pre-33 gold. I think it is a fine use of resources.

KeyHunter, midas1 and rte like this.
  11. KeyHunter

KeyHunter Supporter! Supporter

One of my mentors, the Sr. (RIP) owner of my local coin shop had the motto "Accumulate large piles of silver and convert to small piles of gold"...there's numerous ways to interpret, strategize and achieve just that and his wisdom served me well. My other mentor was my Dad (on a steelworkers wages) who held some Krugs back in the 1970's therefore me, as a child (in my early teens), grew up not seeing holding physical gold as something strange, bizarre and archaic. IMHO silver has it's place and is a tool and gateway to the ultimate wealth preservation of gold. Stacking days were fun and exciting; researching every form for feel, economy and resale...my final exploit was 90% silver Kennedy halves. Who knows, if premiums and price lower I might dip my toe back in.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted