Featured A world tour - post the next country.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sakata, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Obverse reads Kang Xi tong bao. I think that roughly translates to currency of Kang Xi. Mint mark on reverse is Jinan, Shandong in China Shantung Province.

Kang Xi - Emperor K’ang Hsi (1662-1722) Second Emperor of the Ch’ing Dynasty.

Schjoth #1426 , Hartill 22.123

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

According to Hartill, the reverse for these issues had the mint in Manchu on the left and Chinese on the right. For this listing he has "Dung left" , "Dong right".

4. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Great guys thank you for sharing that.
    Side Note:I wonder with the large population and growth in individual wealth if coins from certain dynasties will become high demand henceforth high price value over time.

5. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

6. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

I found some paper currency from Israel while looking for Soviet coins and found it interesting that I had a 1 note from 1958. I love the details in it but amazed it was in circulation for I was there in 1991 for a bit.

7. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

8. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

With keeping with the thread here are some modern coins from Israel. I seem to remember that the one with the hole in it was a bus token. I do remember flirting on the bus with no success other then a fun conversation but I can’t recall getting a token.

9. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Nice coins & currency, but not in keeping with the "post the next country" rules set up when the thread was started. The theme of the thread is to post the "next" coin from an adjacent country or one that can be reached in a direct line over water from the prior post. In this case, it would be a country next to China.

Andy and coin_nut like this.
  10. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

2009 India 2 rupees Louis Braille 2009 IN-LB 2 r obv.JPG 2009 IN-LB 2 r rev.JPG

11. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Yup. That’s why I was looking for my USSR coins. Sorry about the Israel post but I forgot I even had them and got excited over a bill from 1958 being in circulation in 1991.

12. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Nepal King Surendra - Paisa, 1865 SE1787

Nepal King Surendra Copper Paisa dated 1865 SE 1787 obv.jpg Nepal King Surendra Copper Paisa dated 1865 SE 1787 rev.jpg

13. coin_nut

1928 Tibet AE sho, legend horizontal

1928 Tibet-LH 1 sho obv (2).JPG 1928 Tibet-LH 1 sho rev (2).JPG

Muzyck likes this.
  14. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Bhutan Half Deb. You can see some of the original detail of the coin it was overstruck on. I have not taken the time to identify the host yet. Probably an Indian Quarter Anna.

Bhutan Half Deb four dots overstruck obv.jpg Bhutan Half Deb four dots overstruck rev.jpg

coin_nut likes this.
  15. coin_nut

Back to India. AH1271/1855 Bhopal AR rupee 1855 Bhopal 1 r (2).jpg

Muzyck likes this.
  16. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

And then to Pakistan with this 1976 ten-paisa piece.

paisa-10-1976-km36.jpg

Muzyck likes this.
  17. coin_nut

Afghanistan, Qandahar civic AE falus, ND c.1747-1772, overstruck on something. 1747-1772 Afghan 1 f obv (2).JPG 1747-1772 Afghan 1 f rev (2).JPG

Muzyck and expat like this.
  18. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Pakistan - 5 Paisa, 1961

Pakistan 5 Paisa 1961 obv.jpg
    Pakistan 5 Paisa 1961 rev.jpg

coin_nut and expat like this.
  19. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Well from the looks of it, it appears to be a telephone token. :) That's the kind of token that has drawn me to the dark side and start adding exonumia to the collection.

Andy likes this.
  20. coin_nut

1963 India 1 naya paisa 1963 IN 1 np.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  21. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Nepal. When I imaged this I missed updating the details.

S20210316_0019.jpg
    S20210316_0020.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted