A New Way To Collect Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Collecting Nut, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Recovered from a shipwreck:

CA Gold Nuggets Shipwreck.jpg

It's something I didn't have but I do now. The shipwreck is as described.

longnine009 and tommyc03 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Oh my god. I bet you paid wayyyyyy over spot for that!

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Why in the world would anyone sell gold from the Central America for spot?

5. myownprivy

Sorry, I see zero historic or numismatic value in gold nuggets or flakes. Most agree with me. That's why next to no one gives two poops about the location of where a gold nugget was found/recovered.

Shipwreck coins, on the other hand, have tremendous historical significance and therefore numismatic value. These itty bitty flakes do not. Plus, with nuggets and flakes, you rarely have an idea of the purity of the gold.

Not trying to be a dick, OP. But please, don't waste any more of your money. If you are interested in this sort of thing, get shipwreck coins!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. longnine009

That's what I love about you PM haters. Pretending to be so logical and rational. And of course your comical authority swagger resembles "able to leap tall buildings in a single bound." It's all psyops. I'd be amazed if any of you could even flick a booger without hitting youself in the face with it.

Oh and I really love this bucket of pucks:

"Most agree with me."

Who's "Most?" More PM haters or do you have a flea circus in your pocket?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I don't know about collecting,But that's a great way to dial in a metal detector.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. myownprivy

Most people don't really care about .5 grams of gold flake that supposedly has extra value because of its pretty little case that says it was in a shipwreck. If they do care at all about .5 grams of gold, they likely won't care whether it comes from the bottom of an ocean, a riverbed, or something that they panned at an amusement park.

9. longnine009

According to who?
    And what would it matter anyway? It's doesn't matter what the Big Giant Blob thinks. It's important to the OP.

10. myownprivy

Completed ebay auctions
    Auction house auctions
    Your local coin shop
    This forum
    Your friends
    A random person on the street.

11. longnine009

Compiled by who? Where can I read this factual report? So ebay sellers, auction houses and local coin shops all made up a list of what they didn't sell. Because....let's see, because they wanted to give away their strategic position to the competition in a more convenient format? Yeah, that must be it.

Smoke and mirrors. That's all you PM haters are--Smoke and mirrors pretending to "leap tall buildings in a single bound."

12. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

An interesting way to collect, but from an investment perspective you will likely never make money on your purchase.

I have several gold nuggets that I have purchased over the past 15-years. I own them because I wanted a natural specimen to own and to hold.

Collecting Nut and myownprivy like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I own gold and silver in just about every from known. I however did not have anything like this. It's adorable and I love it! Of course I paid over spot but I got a labeled plastic case so I'm really pleased. LOL :):):)

Draft saved Draft deleted