A Article you might be interested in reading.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Zeplyn, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Fifty

Fifty Master Roll Searcher

I agree with him on the land part. I am looking into acquiring some land in the mountains. I don't have a ton of PM's but enough to get by with until a new system is set up. Everyone assumes PM's will be the new currency but that may not be the case.

4. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

He brings up the US confiscation of gold under FDR...
    He feels like it is definately not out of the question even today.

And, yes, when the govt takes your gold at 25 an ounce one day, then values it at 35 an ounce the next, when it has it all, that is confiscation. Anything less the gold being bought with the seller WANTING to sell, is confiscation.

5. rdwarrior

rdwarrior Junior Member

6. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

7. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy folks,

I've been following Marc for about 10 years and have agreed with him most often than not. Out of the Barrons Roundtable, he's by far my favorite. And while often he gets labled as overly 'bearish', he ALWAYS has suggestions of bull side investments.

And he's spot on on most of this. I'm not sure that we'll see hyper inflation but we might. I also don't give the gov't much chance of fixing the economy - they're owned by Wall St. and the Wall St. bankers are the terrorists.

As for farm land, that's what I'm starting to look at. During the recent real estate collapse, housing values have fallen 30-50% with the higher numbers in those areas that had gone highest (FLA, LAS, LAX, AZ). Well, did anyone besides me watch farmland NEVER DROP A DIME. Good land north of me is going for $3.5-4K and I'm in mid-Mich. And this is while I've got 2 acres on the Looking Glass with room for a huge garden and am going permaculture. Outside of town, small community, 15 minutes from real civilization but that would be enormous with gas at $5.

peace,

rono
    l

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

9. rdwarrior

rdwarrior Junior Member

10. Bluesboy65

Bluesboy65 New Member

Agree. I really like Marc Faber and you can always count on him for speaking what he feels is the truth and letting the chips fall where they may; refreshing honesty. There are several other market commentators (including Weidemer) I have read that resonate Marc's position with respect to farm land.

Regards,

Bluesboy65

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So......you guys all gonna be farmers? :)

12. Bluesboy65

Bluesboy65 New Member

Lol, Good one! :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted