925 bracelet from garage sale for 25c

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TheNoost, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

As a branch manager or bank owner, I would teach and expect my employees to alert customers to ways they can better manage their assets, including taking a can of silver coins or a single rare coin [assuming they happened to spot it] down to the local coin shop and returning to the bank with ten times more money to deposit. It builds customer loyalty and trust. I don't know why someone would even think of doing business any other way.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Look, lets not get into this argument. Please don't hijack someone's thread to discuss bank ethics...a topic which has been discussed on this forum many times.

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The nature of the thread lends it self to this question, and it is relevant. Conscience in collecting is an inconvenient truth [to borrow a phrase] that some would like to avoid. But it's been posted elsewhere so I'm done here.

5. cesariojpn

cesariojpn Coin Hoarder

No it isn't. This is more along the lines of private sellers and the sale of goods they are in possession of and whether or not they know what sort of goods they have to sell. A bank is a service where it provides services of a financial nature. Two completely different lines of work.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Oh, no...

Here we go with the little old lady routine again.

He asked for the price, and bargained.

He paid the agreed price.

let it go guys.

Noost, nice deal!

7. FreakyGsMom

FreakyGsMom Member

Noost,

I would like to spend a Saturday morning hitting the garage sales with you! You always seem to find interesting items at great prices.

This is my favorite find of yourshttp://www.cointalk.com/forum/t54975/#post602785 I like the little pewter boat! :high5:

Garage sales are banned in all of the communities around our house and each neighborhood has one "community yard sale" every 6 months. On the big yard sale day it's a total mad house and traffic is terrible on the day it happens. G ask every single seller if they have any coins or books. So far, nothing but who knows maybe one day he'll get lucky and someone will whip out an old Dansko album.

It's not numismatically related in the very least but I am proud of my one and only pick up at the April community yard sale. I've wanted one of those Keurig coffee pots for quite some time and bought the Platinum version brand new in the box that had never even been opened for $25! :thumb: The price tag from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $199. was still on it. :bigeyes: The guy said they got two as wedding presents and they didn't want to risk offending the gift giver by returning or exchanging it. :confused: I snapped it up and enjoy my one cup of coffee every morning from it! :) :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted