5 factors that will push silver to $250 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tinpot, Oct 10, 2013.

1. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

30 bars per skid, that's 30,000 ounces of silver per skid. :D I see at least 30 skids, there is no shortage of silver just sellers trying to tell you that. ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

4. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

100 monkeys making 100 predictions about silver, and some of them are going to be right.

Galen59 likes this.
  5. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

Have Bud Fox follow the Hunt Brothers around.

miedbe7 likes this.
  6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Ahh, but explain this, 100 stackers made 100 predictions about Silver and ALL of them were wrong ;)

7. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

My original thought, referred to in the quoted post as a few years prior (so around 2009/10) I was more specific in my timeframe and I still believe it's headed sub $10. Lets see if I can dig it up...

It's cyclical and predictable based on its history.

8. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Should be pretty easy to keep track of Nelson.

Mr Roots likes this.
  9. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

wow that is some silver!

10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've said it before, but let me say it again...in case anyone missed it...

There are ONLY two (2) things that affect the price of ANY commodity...

1. Supply/Demand
    2. The relative value of its underlying (denominated) currency

Given a stable supply/demand, commodity prices act like bonds...interest rates rise, commodities fall.

That's all there is to it.

Any change in the price of a commodity, that deviates from the inverse relationship to it's denominated currency, represents the change in the supply/demand dynamic.

It cracks me up when I see wild upside PM predictions in a rising interest rate, low inflation environment. :D Sorry...ain't happening!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Galen59 and BunkerTrapMan like this.
  11. Danr

Danr Numismatist

you missed the most important one (at least when talking about silver)- MARKET MANIPULATION!

12. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Any proof of that????? Not a lick, in fact Silver has acted exactly like Yak both described and predicted. Exactly like it should have, exactly as expected. If folks spent a bit more time leaning the fundamentals, instead of wasting their time reading all the total garbage that folks like zerohedge puts out, they probably wouldn't have lost their shirt.

Galen59 and yakpoo like this.
  13. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

It's just above $14 per ounce now! I think it's going the opposite direction from what the OP originally predicted.

14. bearze34

bearze34 Active Member

Barry's with you 100%. Back up the truck. It's going to the moon with the Chinese solar panels.

15. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

You just made me hungry for Hunt Brothers pizza.

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

[​IMG]

yakpoo likes this.
  17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not sure I'll be alive that long. It goes up and it goes down. $250.00, I don't think so, not in my lifetime and if it did, the economy would be so bad, I'd rather not be here.

18. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

The article is fine...the author however, is smoking some really hi test reefer.

19. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Of course it will go to $250 and past. The question most would like answered is when.

I remember my great aunt telling me that bread will someday cost a dollar a loaf. I remember this crystal clear. I was incredulous. There was no way that could ever happen. After all, the cheap bread was 10¢ a loaf with premium brand name bread (Wonder bread here, or Strohman's, or Marhoffer's) was 30¢. The conversation began because Marhoffer raised their big loafs to 33¢. I knew she was nuts because bread had always been this price and most certainly might rise little but a dollar a loaf? Never.
    All this took place in the summer that America had men walking on the moon. Has anyone paid $5 for a loaf of premium bread?

20. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Very interesting responses!!

I've heard and read all of the forecasts for more than 20 years now and I'd be thrilled if silver made it to about $50/oz and DIDN'T result in massive worldwide sell offs...simply meaning, it stayed at that level as a correction and fluctuated as little as possible....

My modest $150.00/month purchases of silver bullion would then seem like a great idea, instead of the questionable one it appears at the moment....either way, my purchases will continue for the indefinite future.

21. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

With silver heading to $10. these are the times to be buying. The problem is the large premiums sellers are charging over spot.

Mikey Zee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted