5 factors that will push silver to $250 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tinpot, Oct 10, 2013.

1. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

I say as a silver buyer ~ just buy when you think it is fairly priced and sell when you think it is at a top. Cash in on a profit then sit back and wait for a low to re-buy. Anything that you can make on Silver is far better than you could get on a CD or Savings account, even for a small buyer.

A few years ago I sold silver at $42 to $45, I heard many friends and silver buyer's say I am waiting for $50 per ounce before I sell. If you can sell and make $5 or more per ounce then in my mind it is time to ring the cash register. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

It took years to attain that gain, not overnight. Comparatively, it performed poorly in the amount of time.

4. SILVER E C-C

Silver at $250 per ounce in the next 10 years ~ NO WAY ! Silver at $30 to $35 in the next 10 years ~ probably a very good chance of that ! 10 ounce bar bought at say $225, silver up to $32 per ounce sell at $339 cha-ching sell it!

You need to have some sort of personal buy/sell plan when it comes to the silver market, try not to listen to self proclaimed precious metal investors.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, I agree 300 to 1900 or even the sub 1300 today was a significant jump. However that was not supply/demand, innate value, or any other valuation of the metal itself. It was horrendous world wide economic fear. People did think it would protect them in the crash or apocalypse that was going the next month or year. But now 6 years later they have learned that for the most part those making such claims were wrong. It didn't happen/ Even if a default happens, gold won't move by several thousand dollars. The Yuan or Ruble won't become the world currency, they will move as the US moves, IMO.

6. SILVER E C-C

I would personally sell a 10 ounce bar if I could make $50 or $60. That's my plan.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

To what?

8. SILVER E C-C

:) make a little $$$ :rolleyes: My silver holding's at any given time is between 40 and 100 ounces. I'm a small time investor, but I am not going to hold silver when I can make $5 per ounce.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  9. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

In the same time frame, to just about every other investment there is.

10. PeacePeople

Right, just about every other investment would've returned 6X your original investment from 2003 to 2011...got it

11. SILVER E C-C

I buy silver/gold as a hobby with my extra money!

12. Danr

Danr Numismatist

you know what word comes to mind when I read that: bubble

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

It will hover between $20-$30 for the next year but I wouldn't bet my house on it. I put my foot in the water at $18.65.

14. PeacePeople

Maybe, but did you see it go to zero like you did the tech stocks of early 2000?

15. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

When? Forget $250/oz. When can I see the promised $60, $70, $80, $90 or even $100/oz.? When can I see it stay at such a price for a whole year, not just a hiccup? I've seen the two $50 hiccups...

[​IMG]

How much time did anyone have to profit at near $50/oz.? The average yearly price has never even seen $36 or $40 or $50. Why should anyone set their hopes at $250/oz. and why should they ever own a single ounce at over $25?

These ridiculous and unfounded suggestions have baffled me for years. All this, while history repeats itself.

Here is a little perspective with yearly averages...

Silver 1792 - $1.29, 1966 - $1.29, 1992 - $3.71

Gold 1833 - $20.65, 1966 - $35.13, 1992 - $343.82

How much of a stable and sustainable increase can we really expect from the last 20 years?

http://goldmastersusa.com/silver_historical_prices.asp

At this stage in the game, I believe in silver at $10 - $13/oz. for the near future.

"According to our research, the next stop could be $40 by year's end, and $60 by the end of 2014. And much higher after that."

:rolleyes:

According to my gut feeling, the next stop could be $20 by year's end, and $13 by the end of 2014. And much lower after that.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    silentnviolent likes this.
  16. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

From a production side point of view, cheaper metals can be possible if fuel prices stop significantly. This also applies to all goods as transportation becomes cheaper. However I don't think we can see fuel prices going drastically down any time soon. I think fuel prices is a joke but let's not get there. Might as well invest in water, food, fuel, (basic commodities) etc. You can't really do much with metal bars other than using it as a potential projectile.

Bear in mind that a dump truck in a mine site goes through about 1000 - 1500 gallons or 4000 - 6000 litres a daily on average. Less for smaller trucks but I am thinking of Cat 789C trucks. I'm certain it is somewhere around that ballpark. Every cent increase adds up VERY VERY quickly. Coupled by labour cost, overheads, uncertainity in the market etc all cause the prices to go all over the place. Also you need to remember that most exploration and mining companies will not actively hunt and mine for silver - silver is just an added bonus after extracting copper and gold.

Food of thought: would you happy to see high metal prices and see your cost of living going up at the same rate? I'll rather not.

17. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Will fuel/energy prices also follow that trend? that would be nice...

18. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Since silver is now an industrial metal and we want industry to boom and flourish after a stretch of tough times, I don't really care WHO, WHERE, WHEN and HOW will force the price of silver down, mainly for profit and to stimulate a recovery of their economy. This is a reality in the manufactured goods sector. Prices go down, ipads and other tablets get cheaper (just one example).

19. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I am usually wrong but I see lower prices on the horizon... my guess is that the economy will pick up and metals will decline.

20. onecenter

onecenter Member

I believe I will stick to very collectable silver uncirculated and proof coins from the various countries I obtain for my hobby and be quite happy with these--buy, hold and enjoy for life.

Danr likes this.
  21. SILVER E C-C

1000-troy-ounce-pure-silver-bars-in-storage.jpg :) Me too, it's just a hobby. I don't think that I will go out and buy a 1000 ounce silver bar today, I might be looking at buying one of them Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo's though. If you think that silver is real rare then look at this stash, these are all 1000 ounce bars !

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
Draft saved Draft deleted