40 % Silver Coins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Wanted to know what the market was like for 40% silver Kennedy's. Also, what is the current multiplier to determine the value (ie. 90% is 13x face)?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Looks like about 5x face on ebay. They aren't good for stacking. I sell mine that I find.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Lon, do you mean they are not good for stacking space wise or not good for stacking investing wise? I seem them sold on all the bullion websites and at the LCS near me.

6. Markus1959

Mintproducts.com - 40%silver halves 52$ a roll

Bman33 likes this.
  7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Ebay has rolls of them ranging from $48-$60

8. Markus1959

Yes - I trust Ebay sellers like my ex-wife!!

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Hey, I wonder if my first wife is out there somewhere selling on EBay. I doubt it would be coins -- she has trouble counting money.:woot:

slackaction1, Kentucky and Markus1959 like this.
  10. Markus1959

Mintproducts.com - I bought these - I think 52$ for 40% roll - most are BU!!

000_6874.jpg 000_6875.jpg

onecenter and Bman33 like this.
  11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Do you think stacking 40% is worthwhile? The 40% that I have been getting are not in good condition.

12. Markus1959

Let's hope she ain't counting Your money!! - How in the heck do they just leave and then pretty much steal your possessions? Oh - I don't know anything about vicious women!! LOL!!!!!!!!

13. Markus1959

These are mostly BU - don't waste your time on crap!!

14. Markus1959

Mintproducts.com are usually pretty good to buy from. Not associated with them, just had good experiences dealing with them buying rolls - plus S&H is very cheap!

15. Lon Chaney

Alright. not good for stacking silver stockpile wise.
    Sell 40%. Buy/keep 90%.
    40% will always, always trade at a discount. Same with sterling.
    .900 or .999 is the only thing worth keeping.

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm not up on sterling. What does it trade for? About the same as 90%?

17. coinMD

coinMD Member

I also trade in my 40% at some point. I do keep them till I have enough to do something with. If I get 2 and then sell them for $4 that money just disappears to Starbucks or something of the sort.

18. alucard86

alucard86 Active Member

My local shop will sell the 40% Kennedy's at spot value even if I buy 1 coin. Same goes for 35% war nickels. But to resell them back its 95% spot. I like them because they're cheap and you can stack them quick. But others do not like them b/c there only 40% silver and almost always dirty, and would rather spend the $ on 90% silver.

19. Lon Chaney

Per ounce its closer to 40%. The alloy (the other 7.5%) isn't always the same across different sterling pieces.

20. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I'm an Ebay seller... :(

There's good and bad out there - just like in anything - especially when it comes to relationships. ;)

21. Markus1959

Indeed - I'm also a seller but part time - sell just enough to put it towards my coin habit! After years you know who you can buy from and who you stay away from - I say things that I know exactly the point I'm trying to get across - other people don't see it that way. No harm, no foul!(hopefully)

Santinidollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted