$37 silver!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by hyperinflation, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bluesboy65

Bluesboy65 New Member

I can agree with most of this.

There is an overwhelming spending problem which has created unprecedented debt that will wreck our way of life. You, me, evil corporations and everyone else that makes up GDP do not make enough money to pay for current obligations, debts and unfunded liabilities. So a 100% tax would also be a revenue problem.

With regard to tax breaks for corporations I would just say you can't have capitalism without capitalists. Businesses in this country create the jobs that create the taxpayers that generate tax revenue and the extra 2% they have is more of the precious capital businesses need to grow the economy. Lower tax rates generate more tax revenue! Ronald Reagan proved this and it remains true today.

Regards,

Blueboy65

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stroligep

stroligep Member

I listen to NPR all time. I do not pick up on the bias you assert.

The government taxation issue was decided a long time ago. They can tax you. If you are going to complain about a deficit you are going to have to find a way to pay it. That is the reality you are ignoring. You can cut all the spending 100%; you still have a deficit.

My problem with taxation is that with the payroll tax I'm paying 43% a year. Why are tax cuts being given to the wealthy? I'm sure not getting them.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Getting off topic and more towards political argumentation, so change direction.

Thanks

Jim

5. stroligep

stroligep Member

Whoops! I personally did not say anything about corporate taxes: that was Yakpoo. I've only talked about taxes for the very, very wealthy.

Although, I have to ask, if those tax breaks for corporations generate so much job growth, where are the jobs?

6. Dinkus

Dinkus New Member

If tax money ONLY went to things we ALL use (roads, police and fire, food, etc) then it would not be a problem, but when MY taxes pay for others to get a free pass (99 weeks, really?) and to fund planned parenthood that's where I have a problem. Government will not provide the answes we need through programs from taxes and this is why there is a need for individual accountability for decisions made and not a program to provide a get out jail free card to "help the little people out".

Enough about all this ... Silver is up and my confidence in the current debt problems to be addressed anytime soon is low ... So it will be interesting in the next few months ...

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

agree about NPR

8. Bluesboy65

Bluesboy65 New Member

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I agree 100% :thumb:. I only mention PBS funding because that's the argument "du jour".

I would like to see EVERY spending program listed out. Give the list to both the Republicans and Democrats to prioritize...most important to least important.

Once that's done, assign a score to each program based on priority, add up both the Republican and Democratic scores for each program, then sort the final list in decending order.

Start cutting programs at the bottom and work your way up until $1500 Billion is cut from the budget. If either side doesn't want a program cut entirely, then they have to pony up another off-setting cut starting from the top of their list.

I would like to see what that exercise produces...could be interesting.

EDIT: Sorry Jim...just saw your post. I guess it's unlikely we'll solve the world's problems on CT, anyway.

:arguing: :3three: :pencil:

10. desertgem

No problem Yakpoo. I realize how frustrating the political processes, actions/inactions of our elected officials can be, but there are other sites where such can be readily discussed, and as cleansing as talking about them in public is to our psyche, we should control ourselves and elect those who will listen in the future.

Jim

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I actually went over to the Political thread so as not to annoy my CT bretheren with my political "rants". There was just one other crazy guy over there (he probably thought the same about me!).

Do you remember a Monty Python skit where John Cleese goes into the room marked "Argument" and is sitting across from a guy that just contradicts everything he says? That's what the Political thread is like...

"It's a nice day, isn't it?"
    "No it's not!"

"Why do you say that?"
    "Why do you ask?"

"I came in here for an argument and all you do is contradict me!"
    "No I don't."

"Yes you do!"
    "No I don't"

"YES...you do. I'm leaving."
    "Can't get out that way."

"That's the way I came in!"
    "No it isn't"
    "Yes it is!"

...and so forth. :D

At least over here folks have some well considered opinions and "occasionally" discuss coins! ...but I understand...:(

12. desertgem

I love to argue also , but mainly in the experimental science area. Due to the wide age spread and international membership here, the forum has to seem very low level, but we want it to be as safe and welcoming to all. I think the financial uncertainty has many members on edge.

Jim

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Yep...I was watching PMs shoot up today. I can't believe anyone would pay that kind of money for an Oz of silver!

If the administration lets interest rates come back in line with other investments, the dollar will most certainly rise (imo) and PMs will take a dive...which would be a good thing...not for my PMs, but for our collective, longer term, fiscal security.

Speaking of "experimental science", I bought some of BadThad's Verdi-Care a while back and used it on a EF-40 (details) 1804 (C5-DS4 "Frankenstein") Half Cent that was worthless due to a bad case of verdigris. I don't know if it will ever receive a TPG grade, but it looks 1000% better...which is most important to me. :thumb:

Thanks BadThad! :bow:

14. desertgem

Yes, he is a great chemist!

Today's silver action was up, but the upticks were small volumes compared to the sellers. It seemed as if the sellers waited until a few buys had raised the price and sold ( maybe crashing stop losses) without much change in the price, this still concerns me and is a caution sign. Nice raise in PM in accounts, but the rare earth holdings also has gone about 25% in the last month, and no mines are processing yet outside of China. It seems a reasonable place to put money from PM when sold, for 2012-on ( assuming we are all still here :)

Jim

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ooh, where? Can I play? :)

16. desertgem

Every Friday at 1:15 at the local chinese buffet or 1 of the seemingly 100 mexican restaurants in town, unless soccer is on, then we just Gooooooooaaaaaaallllllll along with the rest :)
    Jim

17. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

That's what I said at $25.

18. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

Silver is never going to be the same again until we clean up this Gov financial mess our so called "elected" officials have created for us.
    just you wait. you have not seen anything yet!

19. belliott

belliott New Member

This is what concerns me. China is still producing, just not exporting. I think eventually the price of silver is going to be too much and china will flood the market. The price of silver will crash along with other PMs.

That being said I'm still buying cautiously, I just can't help myself.

20. passantgardant

passantgardant New Member

That's what people told me when I implored them to buy at $10-$15 over the past few years. Those who did are quite happy with their 200%+ profits. Silver still has a long way to go, so it's not too late to get in. However, I would not buy at $45-$50 which will be the top of the current leg up. I would buy now if I didn't have any, sell some when it gets up near $50, and buy more during the summer when it pulls back. After that, it's probably going to $60, $70, $80 by the end of the year.

21. passantgardant

passantgardant New Member

China has over a billion people and will easily absorb their production for the foreseeable future. The Chinese government urges citizens to hold their savings in gold and silver. It's not just sitting in a central bank waiting to be dumped.

Draft saved Draft deleted