$3,000 Gold Price Forecast from Merrill Lynch/BOA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by GoldFinger1969, Apr 21, 2020.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Here's what I'm used to paying. 19 cents per ounce premium. Granted, I did pay as high as $1.59/oz as well.

Screenshot_20240204_094724_Gmail.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Here's another one.

- 10 ozs at spot, zero premium (JMB promotion)
    - 10 ozs at $1.59/oz premium
    - 20 ozs at $.79 premium
    - 1 oz Navy Button was a novelty gift for Navy serviceman $16.99 premium (not my purchase)

Screenshot_20240204_095838_Gmail.jpg

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I only buy US Mint made bullion. I may have a few Canadian Mint stuff, Austria, Australian but not much. So generic rounds I don't buy.

Yup, nothing like the "good 'ole days" such as:
    4/2017 spot $18.32 / purchase $20.51 / premium $2.19

11/2018 spot $14.39 / $16.63 / $2.24

10/2022 spot $20.38 / $38.07 / $19.69 <-- I wrote these down for reference but I didn't buy when premiums jumped

2/2024 spot $22.88 / $29.33 / $6.44 <-- first purchase since those spikes because it seems tolerable and I'm in it for the long haul

Is $6.44 high. I think so too because I've been buying ASEs since 1986. I remember buying a tube for under $120.
    But it's far below the nearly 100% from a few years ago.

Does this stop people from buying any collectable coins because they cost more now than in the past ?

Will there be a spike in silver price in the future ?
    or a crash?

Who knows right?

But I look back at all the specific precious metals I've bought (skipping the super high premiums) and I'd profit on every purchase right now except for the one I made yesterday. But, hopefully, give that time and it will be profitable from the purchase price.

Isn't that what bullion hoarders do anyways ? Buy for the future.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    Joel Turner and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  5. Clawcoins

who is it ... @mpcusa who does a lot of bullion collecting. I don't think he's stopped much at all.

6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

The price of silver aside, when you pay a certain premium for years and/or decades...and then it doubles or triples or more....you notice it. :yack::mad:

masterswimmer and slackaction1 like this.
  7. GoldFinger1969

Gold knocking on all-time highs....a new closing high today. :cigar:

The economy remains strong, inflation doesn't want to head towards 2%, and Fed rate cuts are coming off the table.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

WOW. Back over 100x FV for US circulating gold coinage...

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  9. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Raw bullion Silver coins purchased at ~same premium as a premier TPG certified encapsulated PERFECT GRADE (NGC MS70} slabbed Gold Eagle coin.

Hmmm, I'll need to think about this for some time, as although Gold coin "deals" aren't easily found, they're were out there before last friday!

Here's my best buy for Friday: https://www.ebay.com/itm/176264661942

I've done this collecting hobby for more than 70 years, and I'm elated about the current internet offerings/competition!

Some certified Gold coins, if located/purchased, are a great investment, for numerous reasons!

JMHO

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  10. Clawcoins

Yup, that halted my collecting for a few years.
    I would love to see demographics of new and used silver ASE/AGE sales but I'm sure those stats do not exist.

11. GoldFinger1969

I would think that is something that the Salesforce software and AI programs would be able to spit out, huh ?:D

imrich likes this.
  12. imrich

I've determined that buying an available NGC certified highest grade Proof Gold coin at a lesser premium than raw Silver coinage of similar value is most preferable, as an investment!

The Best Internet Buy today exceeds that of yesterday!

Here is the current purchase, mandated tax paid within payment: https://order.ebay.com/ord/show?orderId=01-11269-99515#/

JMHO

13. Clawcoins

I don't see anything from your link.

I have looked at graded from time to time as it's shown up on searches, etc. But haven't seen it less than raw. I'll pay closer attention as lower premium is preferred.

I get phone calls from those bullion sellers from time to time. The last one was a couple months ago. Selling 69s for $1800 each for $25 AGE coin. I always tell them I don't buy grade bullion coins. Plus what percentage of the minted coins are in the 69 range ... I would think fairly high.

slackaction1 likes this.
  14. GoldFinger1969

Jefferies initiated coverage on the gold mining stocks, but I can't upload it here for size reasons. PM me your email if you want to see it.

This business model is really not that great -- CAPX is just too damn high, input costs can skyrocket -- even if gold goes steadily higher.:yack:

Supply pressures = higher gold prices.

Annual Gold Production, 2010-23.jpg

15. imrich

I purchased this 1998 PCGS MS69 certified 1/4 oz. (half the size of the $25 coin), for $600 (~$525 spot) within the last 4 hours, plus additional sales tax/shipping (~$55).

My premium was ~14% over spot before tax and ship.!

My cost was ~Two-thirds of your dealer quoted price.

[​IMG]

16. GoldFinger1969

All-time closing high for gold !! :cigar:

See you all at $3K.....:D

Heavymetal likes this.
  17. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

We’re starting to inch up again just when I am trying to buy another 7 once’s, would have had these transactions completed
    on the bay however I will pass on the nearly $900 on sales tax by using the bay
    I got my LCD looking in to finding me a 5 OZ lady fortuna bar a 100 Gram as well
    and a PAMP lunar 1 OZ, no sales tax here
    in Nevada.

slackaction1 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  18. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Your buying 7 ounces of gold and your crying about 900.00 tax.. like buying a vehicle then have to pay Sales tax you knew that when you visited the Bay. As much gold as you buy that LCS should be pretty nice to you and give you a break now and then or he could pound the Vegas sand.. pics when you purchase them PLEASE.

imrich likes this.
  19. GoldFinger1969

BitCoin getting hit today but gold still positive. Very encouraging.

slackaction1 likes this.
  20. GoldFinger1969

Price is RISING even as ETF holdings are DOWN....very bullish !!

Gold Price vs. ETF Gold Holdings, 2018-24.jpg

pmbug likes this.
  21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I like this thread but the 3000 hype is hype

Draft saved Draft deleted