2oz high relief Privateer round

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Private sales is where its at, you can get a lot more for your items, especially items like this.

But if you are only willing to sell to dealers then I agree its a good idea to not invest too much in high premium items because dealers typically won't pay much over spot as you alluded to.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I got some of these today. They are pretty nice, a chunky little round for 2oz with nice relief and detail.

Supposedly they're doing another high relief 2oz round that will be released later this week. We shall see soon enough, I guess....

McBlzr and vdbpenny1995 like this.
  4. PeacePeople

McBlzr likes this.
  5. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

SilverSlacker on Youtube thinks that they accidentally leaked that the next design will be the Grand Canyon. Cant wait to see!

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gotta love that Galleon. right Chief? :)

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Yes, she's a beauty. I got mine last night and will post a photo when I get time.

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

The Grand Canyon. grand-canyon_1.jpg grand-canyon-02_1.jpg

green18 likes this.
  9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'm not really connecting the dots between the Privateer and Grand Canyon. Is there a theme with these rounds other than being two ounces?

10. autograf

autograf Member

Trying to capitalize on the ATB series..........

Other than the privateer..........

11. Murphys Mike

Murphys Mike Member

I purchased some like the design. I won't stack these due to the reason stated above but I did want some.

12. OxJaw

OxJaw Senior Member

From what I have read, the Grand Canyon round is part of a new series titled American Landmarks. The next round in the Privateer series hasn't been released yet and is due out sometime in July. So two separate series but both being done on 2 ounce rounds.

13. PeacePeople

Has anybody purchased and received the Grand Canyon round? I've read it's awesome in hand...and I'm waiting to get mine.

It looks really cool in the video on their product page.

http://www.providentmetals.com/2-oz-silver-grand-canyon-ultra-high-relief-round.html

As an aside, Provident now has airtites for these rounds....they're pricey, just like the rounds.

With regards to the Privateer, slowly but surely the inventory of these is going away. JM Bullion seems to have the best small volume pricing, and plenty of stock. Provident will be out soon....just saying

14. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Just picked up one of the Privateer rounds with some of my eBay bucks. I hope it looks as good in hand. I really like the design on this one. I don't think I'll be going for a Grand Canyon one though.

15. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Me want's one know.......... will have to wait until payday.

16. PeacePeople

I bought a couple tubes of Grand Canyon. The relief is UHR for sure. So high that 10 won't fit into a coin safe tube. They're about 4mm or so too tall so the tube won't snap shut. I'm not all that keen on the premium, but it is what it is.

I also read on reddit that they're still working on Privateer #2. They had a design but couldn't execute it on a round, so they scrapped it and are working on a new design. They're still talking about an August release.

Draft saved Draft deleted