2oz high relief Privateer round

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Jun 10, 2015.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Have any of you purchased these? Received them and if so what did you think?

http://www.providentmetals.com/elemetal-2-oz-silver-privateer-round.html

Reading on other forums that they're really nice and the pics don't do them justice. The biggest complaint is they don't have airtites that they fit in. Just a heads up, according to Elemetal and other sources, they're done taking orders for them on June 12th, whether the retailers place stock orders is up for debate, and it's the first in a series.

Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lucybop

lucybop Active Member

One of the nicest rounds I have ever purchased.

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I won't order one. I really like the design and motto. But it must be a 1/4 thick to be 40mm and two ounces. Do they even have capsules for that?

5. PeacePeople

They're working on getting a capsule made for this and the next releases. So right now, no, and for the future, maybe.

longnine009 likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Kool 'round'. :)

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I've bought five of them (two orders).
    Looking forward to the rest of the series.

8. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Truly amazing. I was skeptical at first but once I bought one and saw it in hand I instantly fell in love with the design.

9. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get these?

10. PeacePeople

I think BGASC.com had the best price for smaller quantities. I don't like paying $4 premium on generics...but...whatevs

TopcatCoin likes this.
  11. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

12. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

I would love to see what this would look like after being used as a pocket piece!

13. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I bought 3 of them awhile back. Really neat looking, when you can hold them.

100_6227.JPG

14. tulipone

tulipone Well-Known Member

I think that they look good and would have purchased if Provident had not proven so difficult. Didn't want to send to UK then didn't want to send to US address using a UK credit card.

15. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

WholesaleCoinsDirect.com lot of 2 only $81.29 free shipping new customers with $100 purchase.. better photo of coin , only reason I bought .. other website bad photos

16. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Great as a novelty but once the "ooh ah" factor runs out you still only have two ounces of silver that's harder to unload than ASE's. Just my opinion but I've sold silver ounces before to coin shops and they've all said the same thing to me. When you sell novelty rounds you usually get a dollar or two less than selling ASE's. It's similar to selling gold or silver from Mexico or Canada.

17. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

$4.00 extra for the Rounds means nothing in the long run. Poor excuse not to buy them if you like them.

I think they are very well struck and a great Round. Dealers will be selling them I am sure all year this you can bet on. As far as PM mostly no, others will I have seen them in about 4 or 5 places already they will be able to be had all year.

midas1 likes this.
  18. fretboard

I agree, poor excuse if you like them but I don't like them much. Mainly these Zombuck like rounds are sold to younger collectors and that's fine. If you like them buy them, you may even make a couple of bucks on a resale. That said, I'm not the one and I don't support buying them. That's all I'm saying. angel9.gif

SunriseCoins likes this.
  19. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

20. fretboard

tmoney.gif peace.gif dblthumb2.gif

21. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Not a bullion collector but when I saw the design I had to order one. I love the reverse. Thanks PeacePeople for sharing.

2-privateer-obverse-horz.jpg

McBlzr and green18 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted