2oz Egyptian Gods medals by Elemental Mint (SMI?)

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by GeorgeM, Aug 22, 2020.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Anyone have pieces from the Egyptian Gods series? These 2 troy oz .999 fine silver medals have some pretty high relief and are pretty pieces. Now that silver has boomed, I'm starting to see them show up at the bullion dealers at just over spot.

I picked up several of the Cleopatra as Isis & Anubis types (#1 & #2 in the series with respective mintages of 38,767 & 16,142.

The press releases I've found attribute them to Elemental Mint, which seems to be a subsidiary or partner of Sunshine Minting Inc.

I'm trying to find out when these were made too. 2017 or 2018, maybe?

Do you have any, know the original issue price, or have you seen any more in the series?

20200822_150831.jpg 20200822_150819.jpg 20200822_150903.jpg 20200822_150914.jpg

jonrms and Chris B like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

wow.gif Nice, great looking pieces there, great finds! :D I've never heard of them until today! thumbupp.gif

GeorgeM likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

GeorgeM likes this.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Nice. Have you seen these. They were under the Fiji banner but I'm not really sure who made them. These are also 2 oz.

Fij201206.jpg

Obverse: Head in tiara right
    Reverse: Nefertiti head in color

Ruler: Elizabeth II

Composition: Silver
    Fineness: 0.9990
    Weight: 62.2000g
    Diameter: 65mm

I also have the 2013 one for Horus but for some reason don't have a picture of it.

GeorgeM likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

GeorgeM likes this.
  7. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

I think they were. I read an article about her work on those, but it was undated. Helps to know chronology when you're trying to figure out mintage years, but only if you have a date somewhere in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted