25th ASE Anniversary Thread, Grading Fees & Results

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by david2400, Nov 15, 2011.

1. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I agree with Krispy. I think $100 would be about right if you did it though. Look at the difference if you sold an unopened set and bought an open set. The open set would be about $700 and the unopened set about $900 minus fees, equals about $100. This is if you don't want to grade them yourself.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stash584

stash584 Junior Member

Can anyone help a newbie out with sending these to NGC? Couple questions..

Do I need to send the mint sealed box inside of a larger box? If not.. Will I need to attach any signed NGC forms to the box(and if so how)?

What is the charge for weight to have them send back 1 original mint packaging other than the $1 surcharge.

Answers will be VERY appreciated..

4. DW-coins

DW-coins Slave to coins...

Check the NGC site, it has very specific instructions for submission.

5. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Someone already got it ... A sequential MS/PF70 set ... That's definitely a 71 set to me :hail:

6. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Yes, you have to place the unopened big brown box into another shipping box. Staples has a perfect box but any bigger boxes will do, just make sure you put lots of padding to protect the box from the Mint. Fill in the NGC invoice form, save one for yourself (customer copy) and place the other three copies inside the bigger box (yes, you get 4 forms). After placing the box from the mint and the invoice forms, tape the bigger box using brown PAPER tapes securely ... repeat PAPER tape. Go to ur post office, and tell them that you want to send ur package using REGISTERED mail with 5000 USD insurance with it ... repeat REGISTERED (insurance amount is optional, I did 10,000). Depending on the weight and insurance value, post fee will range from 50 to 80. If you opt for FEDEX, brown paper tape is not necessary, but you gotta have an account with them. Ask them about insurance for details.

7. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

First one, already answered - see above.

Second one, not sure exactly. I have an additional charge of ~55, but that's for two submissions of 10 sets total. In your case, maybe ~25 - 30 for 5 sets. Just email them or call them for detailed info .... Good luck!

8. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Thought I'd share with you all at CT.
    Sent two submissions to NGC. The second one still at Quality Control. Hope online grade will be out by Monday.
    My first submission result was good, got 21 MS/PF70 and 4 69s ( 1xbullion, 1xburnished S, and 2xreverseproof P). Can't complain really.

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I sent my five to NGC. US postage and registered fee (insurance up to $50K is included) was just under $40.00.

10. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

You must be a better packer than me :)
    Mine was darn heavy with all that newspapers to fill the big box with!

11. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

I hope this is not a repeat here in CT. Just found this info from another forum posted by a guy named: cpthnsolo. All are for PCGS reports only. The first one is for FS and the other one is non-FS (FS= First Strike).

pcgsPops_25thASENov27th2011_FS.jpg

pcgsPops_25thASENov27th2011_nonFS.jpg

12. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I guess I'm not reading the chart correctly because the overall numbers seem too high.

13. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

At first I was confused myself, but I just focus on the line that say the specific coins from the 25th anniversary set. Guaranteed, you'll be reading it just fine. In this case, the 70 pop is in the range from 678 to 765, whereas the 69 pop is in the range from 352 to 496. More or less, so far ~55-60% of coins are in the 70s and the rest is in the 69s. But this is still early in the game. I am sure the percentage for the 70s will decrease when I see all the current results from PCGS.

I think the other line is either for the total MS coins or the total PR coins that PCGS has graded so far.

14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

has anybody submitted a sealed box of five sets of 25th Anniversary coins using the online form at NGC?
    I guess I'm dumb because the online form for me does not show the special $17.00 price per coin and the form is limited to ten coins.
    Guess I'll call them in the morning. That'll be fun after they've been closed for four days.
    Also, I found forum thread "Help submitting ASE 25th set" but there is no way for me to respond to the thread.
    Very frustrating evening.

Their Dec 8th cut off - does that mean the coins need to be received by them on the 8th or postmarked by the 8th?

15. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

50k? you must be real close to Florida, I shipped from Tx 2 sets registered insurance 4k and cost was 39.00

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gosh dang I'm just so happy I keep my sets "raw". What a blasted headache. And for what? First Strike designation? LOL.

Then again, I know you folks gotta keep priming those registry sets........

17. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Dude, first you gotta choose Modern Special tier. That will take care the 17$ you are wondering. In the second page, it will ask you the coin specification - number of coins, year, ms or pf, mint mark, and value. You gotta fill in one type of coins per line. For example, 5 coins bullion, no mint mark, 2011, ms, value of, say, 200. Save it, then add another line. Do so for all 5 different coins you have. In this case, you only have to fill in 5 lines.
    You can at this stage hope to get sequential slab number per set. In this case, you need to type 1 coin eac per line, and the first 5 lines must be the 5 different coins in the set. Do this 5 times. In this way, you will have 25 lines.
    In each line, you have to decide yourself on how much you value each individual coin. They will use this info for insuring your coins back to you from NGC.
    Page 3 and 4 are simple, asking you whether you want to ship them together - in your case, since they are all the same coin type, i.e. 25th anniversary, you want to ship them all together. The last page, in the comment section, make sure you type 1) 25th anniversary set and 2) please return OGP. Unless if you don't want NGC to return them.
    Oh I forgot, in the first page, they also ask you whether you want scratch resistance holder or not. I did, but you pay 5$ each slab. So, the decision is yours. Just follow the instruction and guide for each page, you'll be fine.

If you need help, ask again. Good luck!

ps: give me some credit will you, typing on iPad is so much difficult than on keyboard :smile

18. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I'm using a different online form. I need to find the correct form.

I used the link from this page(see below) to NCS Submission Order Form (Fillable PDF) which is the wrong form. It incorrectly links to NCS conservation SUBMISSION FORM #NCS-0909
    http://www.ncscoin.com/submitting/how_to_submit.asp

19. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Just to be certain, this is the page:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/OrderForm/Index.aspx?GradingCompany=NGC

I chose the online NGC submission. Then print out the email confirmation. Keep one (customer copy) and put the other three inside the bigger box you use to ship the box from the mint. Don't forget to sign one of the form for payment.
    You can also use the fillable PDF form, but you gotta fill in yourself by HAND or on computer.

Good luck!

ps: you wake me up from my bed! i was typing on my iPad but it proves to be a lot more difficult than typing on keyboard!
    don't worry though, we are all here to help each other out!

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Sorry to wake you but thanks for the link to the correct form!
    I'll start it tonite then finish it tomorrow.

". . . In each line, you have to decide yourself on how much you value each individual coin. They will use this info for insuring your coins back to you from NGC. . . "

Is there a generally accepted value for the individual coins or is the a guesstimate?

Thanks so much for the helpful responses while typing on an iPad without a keyboard!
    So sorry to wake you.

21. DW-coins

DW-coins Slave to coins...

You put whatever number you would feel okay receiving if the coins are lost. This will be different for every person.

Draft saved Draft deleted