25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set PRICE WATCH

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Oct 30, 2011.

1. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Maybe you ought to go and re-read what was posted before responding with an insulting sarcasm because I did not say to go and buy the coin at Amazon. I said it's the price floor as everyone else, like your craig's list example, should be offering lower prices for exactly the reason you just gave.

I think you tied your shoes together and then tripped over.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

No! Amazon is neither the price floor, price ceiling, nor the average. Amazon is a moment in time of which someone has decided to try and sell the product that has a relationship with Amazon. Numismatic items are completely and utterly different than particle board shelves coming out of China.

Craigslist is going to be higher AND lower and was only given as an example of a direct question being asked. Maybe you should reread a little?

As you suggest with AT LEAST every other post you make, I do read and re-read posts and base intelligent thoughts out of it. Maybe you should first try to understand THEN be understood and stop tripping over you ego. Or maybe your fingers are tied together and you're stumbling over them?

Again, Amazon is one of the poorest measures of pricing numismatic items. I disagreed with your comment and yes, gave a sarcastic remark because I thought it was ludicrous with the smallest amount of thought put behind a comment possible. Sorry, but its also just an opinion........everyone's got one......and that is mine.

4. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

I,m ducking bullets on this post. Seems like having an opinionhere puts you in the bullseye.Irish2ice and fatima play nice. I will be moving on to other posts

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Pay no mind to them guys my Chiricahua friend....:)

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

So with the San Fran set coming out this year at first I thought it would help raise the A25's but now with the mintage and limits I'm thinking it will do nothing.

Opinions?

7. fatima

fatima Junior Member

This is what people do who can't logically argue whatever point they are trying to make. So if you are going to lecture us about the proper treatment of opinions, then I expect that from now on you will also show the same respect that you demand for yourself.

Amazon is a huge vendor and absolutely it should be checked for pricing on standard boxed coins such as this.

8. lubelizard

lubelizard New Member

Haven't followed the thread for some time. I have 2 opened sets. Keeping one for the collection. Recent events made me think about selling the other set. Neither are graded or "cherry picked", and I am the original purchaser through the mint. I noticed today a set such as mine is hovering around $700. I would like to know if the upcoming set will increase the value of the 2011 set enough to wait a month or so. I'm not sure what the sets would be worth over the next couple/few years, never thought I'd consider selling one of the 2 I have. Thanks.

9. green18

If you're not in a hurry to sell, hold onto the set for just awhile longer. When I sold my raw sets back in January I got the feeling that the dealers who bought them felt that the price was going to increase down the road.

10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

It looks to me that they've stabilized in this price range, or stagnated here. There are 2 things to consider, first is if you hold it in hopes of the price rising it may do just that or it could drop. Your other option is to sell it now and take the profit now. I'd ask myself this question, If I won the lottery would I take the up front cash settlement or the annual settlement? That choice is yours...

11. holz

holz holz

I'd hold the 20th sets are in $400 Range with one coin @250,000. The 25th has Two coins with a 100,000 mintage.

12. lubelizard

lubelizard New Member

I thought I set my preferences correctly, but I'm not receiving notifications of responses. It's not that I have to sell RIGHT NOW, but I'd like to use the money for other things at this time. I guess my primary question is whether the upcoming SF 2 coin set is going to boost the sale value of the 2011 set. Back when they were purchased, a local shop with which I am friendly offered me $600 for the set; no idea what they'd offer now, but they no longer have any in their cases. It sure is a beautiful set, but I really only need one set for the collection.

13. Duke Kavanaugh

I'd think that any extra media exposure of ASE's would HELP raise the price of the A25.

14. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Yep i definitely agree with this, but the extra exposure also gets more people who are holding them out of the woodwork so more will likely be for sale. I think this set will appreciate in a few more years as the flippers sell out and they all find permenant homes in collections thus making it more of a rarity then they are right now. When the 30th anniversary set comes out you can bet your backside that the 25th set will be selling for $800-$1000 raw, probably $1800-$2000 for sets of 70's~

I know I have made this point before (probably in this thread somewhere), but if you look at the basic facts comparing the 20th set vs. the 25th set, there is a LOT of potential left in the 25th set.
    20th set mintage 250,000 - 3 coin set w/ 1 unique coin - Issue price $100~ Current price $400~
    25th set mintage 100,000 - 5 coin set w/ 2 unique coins - Issue price $300~ Current price $600~

With 250,000 out there the 20th set is at 4x it's original cost, extrapolate that 4x to the cost of the 25th set and the "5 years down the road" - "value" could potentially be $1200~ not even factoring in the fact that there are only 2/5th's as many out there!

15. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

Just paid 650 after fees ( and Ca taxes/ shipping) for a PCGS Signed set. Others went for 600 before fees so at least 660 depending on tax and a non-slabed set went for 625 before fees.
    This was on Great Collections
    How'd I do?

16. green18

I sold two 'raw' sets at FUN (January) for $625 so I think you did OK for a guy who wants and needs a set like this for their collection. I don't see the price of these sinking anytime soon, if ever. On the contrary, I believe they will increase in value, but as always, time will tell.......

17. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

If it was this type of set, I think you did good!

2011 25th anniversary silver eagle 5 coin set PCGS all 69 with Mercanti label

18. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Could anyone explain to me why the Mercanti label is so important and actually raises the value of the slabbed coin?

19. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

Well I want one I just did not want to over pay. Also like the signed PCGS Part. Considering all the other sets sold for more (I paid 550 before fees by the way) I felt that was getting a good deal. The others were NGC too and just early release
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

20. green18

It ain't. Only to someone who's in love with a particular mint engraver, otherwise chattel.......

21. Duke Kavanaugh

Draft saved Draft deleted