2017 Silver(!) Krugerrand

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by COCollector, Oct 17, 2016.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Not a big AGE fan, i do have a couple though, but certainly not going to brag about It though...LOL, you might want to think about dropping down to a 1/2 or 1/4 or
    even 1/10 OZ gold coin, just allot more affordable range from about $134 to
    about $180 depending on which one you choose :)
    I like the affordability and stack 1/10 OZ as well.

[​IMG]

SilverTracker and asheland like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

4. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

I do have (2) 1/10 oz, coins . and a few 1/10 oz. pr. & ms.70's M. Castle signed for my 2018 set. I am using a 2004 gold eagle 1/10 and putting it in a bezel for my daughter, making a necklace for her birthday, 2004 is my granddaughters birth year. You are right with gold it takes less room, imagine buying oz's when gold was $35..00 an ounce. If silver ever rises to about $50.00 I would be a happy man. If I don't see it rise in my lifetime I'm sure my son & daughter will see it go, if not my granddaughter will have a ball cashing it all in. I told my daughter to go Heritage auctions if she wants to sell the collectable stuff. Gold @ $1350.00 oz. I think it will take some time to increase. I have a lot of silver Ben.'s & Kennedy's for survival cash. Easier to buy something w/ that than an oz. of gold. 90% silver is a nice bartering tool.

5. mpcusa

Have you ever considered Silver Bars ? actually 10 OZ Silver Bars, started out
    simply with generics as an investment, though it is still an investment i have
    Gotten heavily in Johnson Matthey Bars, theres about 23 in the series both
    Cast and poured or i like to call bright and shiny, here are a couple of examples

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SilverTracker and asheland like this.
  6. mpcusa

7. mpcusa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here,s a cool one :)

Santinidollar and slackaction1 like this.
  8. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

VERY NICE. I have a lot of 1oz. Bars & Rounds. Also when I first started with silver I collected the 4 oz. 8oz. Washington mint coins.Also have a few 1lb. Coins. Now I only collect silver eagle certified and make COMPLETE SETS NO gold. HAS anyone collect currency? I have a few questions about grading some RARE 1934 $5 &$10 star notes.

9. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Good one! :) But those are special issues as you wrote. I know about the World Money Fair issues - in 2006, when the WMF moved to Berlin, a Krugerrand with Otto Schultz's initials and the bear privy mark was issued, and in 2010 (when South Africa was Guest of Honor at the WMF) a similar special edition came out, minted at the Berlin mint and featuring the bear and the word Berlin. Low mintage in both cases, and the SA Mint has issued other special versions too ...

Oh, and this German dealer already sells a 2018 silver krugerrand as part of a Canada/China/South Africa three-coin set. MDM is a major distributor, and when they say it will come, I am inclined to believe it. But I have not seen any official announcement so far.

Christian

mpcusa and silversiren like this.
  10. mpcusa

As you can see by my avatar i collect and invest in graded military payment certificates, so i know allot about third party grading if you would like some advice
    On your notes, i would be happy to give you some suggestions, just go ahead and
    Post some pics.

11. mpcusa

That,s really great news, i am really happy to hear that ! not sure why we havent
    Got anything official over this way as we are already in to March ? but i guess its
    Something to look forward to after all the speculation.

As far as the special addition Krugerrand.s i was basically talking about the
    Years in general as the standard design doesnt change, so some years demand
    A higher premium because there much rarer then others.

chrisild likes this.
  12. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

The notes I am considering to send to be graded are (2) 1934 $5 J grn seal star mule notes, in circulated condition, and a $10 N.Africa star note also circulated condition. I checked the encyclopedia of notes and the $5 notes seem to be about only 8 known.I'm really not to good with sending pictures my daughter will have to teach me. The notes are really not that bad in my opinion, any advise would be helpful.

13. mpcusa

I would like to offer my services to you, one member to another and pre screen
    The notes for you, third party grading is really reserved for first authentication
    And second to increase the value, you have to weigh the potential gain by getting
    Them graded with fees and shipping the costs could easily exceed $100, depending
    What service level you choose, just let me know would be more then happy to help :)

14. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ILL SEE IF I CAN GET SOME PICTURES SOMEHOW.IT MAY TAKE A LITTLE WHILE .THANKS AGAIN

15. mpcusa

sounds like a winner :)

16. silversiren

silversiren Active Member

17. ddddd

ddddd Member

For those tracking, the lowest price that I saw for 2018 proofs from LPM was about $90; they are up to $99 now (due to some having sold at the lower price).

It's crazy to think that the 2017 BU was issued for $60 while the 2018 Proof started at $90.

Does anyone recall the initial price of the 2017 Proof (over $200?....I do recall MCM was selling the Slabbed Proofs for: Proof 70 $995; Proof 69 $695; Slabbed Proof w/ no grade: $595).

18. silversiren

silversiren Active Member

I am pretty sure I posted earlier in this thread what we purchased the 2017 proofs for last year. About $81 each. I miss 2017...

ddddd likes this.
  19. ddddd

ddddd Member

Thanks for the info!
    Hopefully you flipped a few as the prices seemed to peak last year.

silversiren likes this.
  20. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

They're just issuing proofs?

21. ddddd

ddddd Member

I think the proofs were just announced recently (or at least only started appearing for sale this week).

From what I have seen on various forums (can't confirm though as I haven't seen official news), there will be a silver bullion version in 2018. However, the quality (and price?) is supposed to be closer to American Silver Eagles. And it will be unlimited mintage.

https://www.silverstackers.com/foru...18-silver-krugerrand-will-there-be-one.88296/

longnine009 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted