2017 Silver(!) Krugerrand

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by COCollector, Oct 17, 2016.

1. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

especially since all coins are to be inspected and agreed upon for the grade, by 3 different coin inspectors at NGC, and if there's a split difference on the grade of the coin, it goes before 3 more coin graders, and then a final approval person.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That price is over inflated to be sure !!

stoster38 likes this.
  4. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

"This is the first, and only, time the South African Mint plans to release the Krugerrand in silver, and that applies to the proof version of the coin"
    https://www.jmbullion.com/50th-anniversary-celebration-offers-new-krugerrand-options/

"The mint will not be offering these coins next year."
    https://www.apmex.com/product/105155/2017-south-africa-1-oz-silver-krugerrand-premium-bu

Apmex is an authorized dealer for the SA mint.

"The silver Krugerrand from the South African mint will only be produced ONE YEAR. I work for one of their distributors and mint officials have told us it will only be done once to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand, the granddaddy of all modern issue gold coins. For what it’s worth, I sell coins, there is FAR more interest and anticipation from the collector market than from bullion buyers."

Scroll to the bottom in the comments section.

https://srsroccoreport.com/global-i...s-as-south-africa-adds-new-silver-krugerrand/

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  5. mpcusa

Well that for sure will make the price rise, but I have heard conflicting reports
    But if true like the article suggests that will be a real shame :(

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Here is something interesting I saw for sale online. I think It's nice.
    149871_slab.jpg

moneycostingmemoney and mpcusa like this.
  7. mpcusa

I have seen a few similar items on line as well celebrating the Krugger.
    Its for sure a nice coin I,am sure glad I got one :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I never realized that Krugerrands have only been made since 1967.

In the shop that I work, we have a 1975 Kruggerand. Maybe it's a harder date to find than I originally expected.

9. silversiren

silversiren Active Member

I expect the Silver PU coin prices to spike up to $200 each any second now . . .

10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Oh please, tell us more. ^

[​IMG]

11. silversiren

*ONLY ONE MILLION MINTED, THEY'RE GOING FAST . . . BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE* (INSERT ECHO EFFECT HERE).

12. longnine009

One million minted? Now that's some real news.

13. silversiren

I know, right? That is a very very VERY limited supply that the market will be completely absorbing any nanosecond now!

ddddd likes this.
  14. ddddd

ddddd Member

They have been absorbed so quickly that I hear 2018 will bring a mintage of 2 million and a special issue price of only $99.99! :hilarious::banghead::p

silversiren likes this.
  15. ddddd

ddddd Member

These are cool! A private company makes them (I believe from Germany). So this is not an official mint issue; they use the coin and put it inside the rectangular silver bar.

I have seen similar ones done with the Mexican Libertad. Prices tend to be in the $200-$300 range, which to me seems high (but people do like and buy them).

16. longnine009

How many did you buy?

17. silversiren

999,000 give or take a few hundred thousand, I've been buying so feverishly that I lost track at one point late this summer.

ddddd likes this.
  18. longnine009

Which means you didn't buy any. So you are, as usual, just noise.

19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Canada has a version of those of the Krugerrand and the Libertad. They have very stiff premiums though from the mint.

http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/3-oz.-pure-silver-coin-and-bar-set-–-35th-anniversary-of-the-mexican-silver-libertad-coin---mintage-5000-2017-prod3060012?rcmiid=link|categorypage|3_oz_Pure_Silver_Coin_and_Bar_Set_35th_Anniversary_of_the_Mexican_Silver_Libertad_Coin_-_Mintage_5000_2017|Shop-New_Releases_&

http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/3-oz.-pure-silver-coin-and-bar-set-–-50th-anniversary-of-the-krugerrand---mintage-5000-2017-prod3000016

ddddd likes this.
  20. silversiren

Flattery will get you everywhere.

21. longnine009

Don't flatter yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted