2017 Silver Krugerrand your thoughts on investing in these

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 12, 2017.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

It.s (It's) all about $$$, if your (you're) making money (,) there is no reason to stop, (.) life (Life) Revolves (revolves) around this simple principle.

Yup, that and proofreading.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

Kurt, I have to disagree. I worked hard my whole life. I was an educator for 27 years and worked nights as the night manager of a department store. During that time I served my country and was a reserve Sheriff's Officer. I retired to NM and was restless so I took the courses, got my license and became a Realtor for the last 20 years. I am now retired, but I saved and invested my money wisely, so I'm fortunate to be able to live a comfortable life with a wife that I will celebrate our 48th anniversary in a few months.

Do you know what it's all about? I live in the mountains, East of Albuquerque, on 5 acres. A good friend lives in my Guest House. My daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren live five miles down the road. My son and daughter-in-law live one town over. I am blessed to have my family with me so I can enjoy them and especially my grandchildren. My grandson shares my love of coin collecting, he goes to shows with me, so I don't have to worry about liquidating my collection, he will get it. No, life isn't all about money and making it, it about living life and enjoying it. I just found out a good friend back in New Jersey just lost her husband, She is well off, but I bet she'd trade it all to get her husband back.

Sorry, I didn't mean to preach, but sometimes you have to stop and think about how lucky your life has been. Oh, and I met and made good friends at the local coin club, and VFW.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Looks like another visit from the g-r-a-m-m-e-r police ! please dont write me
    a citation or send me to jail...LOL

5. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

6. V. Kurt Bellman

You might want to check the post below yours. He got it. I was mocking both his inability to avoid taking self-contradictory positions and use the language correctly. Substantively, you are of course correct. I've known THAT all my life. On that, my record here is complete and repleat. I am a massively huge critic here of the "profiteer" or "flipper" mindset. You have had a full and wonderful life, but your ability to detect mockery has obviously faded.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

I won't be needing to write a citation for your "crime", but now we need to discuss your spelling. It's grammar, not "grammer". LOL back at you.

8. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

And a capital p at the beginning of a sentence.

9. Johndoe2000$

I didn't think this was a CAPITAL offense. :wideyed: :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

Is doing a little self-correction of our spelling and grammar really too much to ask in this day and age? Have we sunk that far?

11. Johndoe2000$

Not to me, but others...???

12. TheMont

Kurt:
    I really meant what I said, but I was also trying to show some of the members that you can take time to write a coherent, logical post, using proper English to make your point. My only regret was that my post was a little to long.

13. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Can we finally get back to the original post for crying out loud !!
    There are plenty other places to post this non sense, this post
    Is about investing in Silver Krugerrands.

Dougmeister likes this.
  14. Johndoe2000$

okay, but nonsense is one word??? :):):):):D:D:D:D

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Not at all. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. If I ever succumb to the "TLDR" meme, that would be MY failing, not yours.

16. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Sunk that "low," to be more vernacularly in tune with zeitgeist lingo, uhm, dude.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  17. V. Kurt Bellman

Maybe I need to lighten up. Maybe English is not that poster's first (nor second, nor third, nor fourth?) language. At any rate, I'll await more evidence, but I'm not optimistic.

18. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

"Had I had more time, I would have written you a shorter letter."

Dave M likes this.
  19. V. Kurt Bellman

"Brevity is the soul of illiteracy."

20. TheMont

We're on Page 9 on the topic of investing in Krugerrands, I thought we had pretty much covered it. Sorry, continue on.

21. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

I bought two just out of respect for Hunter S Thompson.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted