2017 Silver Krugerrand your thoughts on investing in these

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 12, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I think its just another way to try and make it seem special, kind of like TPG,S
    who put on the case terms like "First Strike, or Early release, just a bunch of
    Non sense !

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ro2835

ro2835 Junior Member

I bought one when it first went on sale and overpaid. I still have no issue with buying the raw coin. I collect bullion from different world mints. Every year I purchase the new coin releases from the regular mints from around the world but I believe I will only be buying this release from South Africa one time due to the price. Most of the other countries that offer a yearly release are more reasonable with their pricing. Just enjoy looking for new releases like the Ukrainian Archangel.

4. mpcusa

You will find, most of the time that coins that just come out will go for a big
    Premium once they are around for awhile the price drops fairly fast :)

slackaction1 likes this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

6. silversiren

silversiren Active Member

7. mpcusa

moneycostingmemoney and ddddd like this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

I'll be right there with you when prices are between $20-$25

9. mpcusa

The Krugerrand is my favorite be it Silver or Gold, and it would be great to replace
    my ASE,S with them, as i buy about 25 a month and a 10 oz silver bar on top
    of that, and maybe some Gold if there,s enough left in the budget, here are a couple
    of my examples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Learned my lesson the hard way as usual......I paid way to much for the Silver Kruggers........ kind of a embarrassed to say what I paid for them.... never break even on them or come close BUT THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL I MUST SAY............ but I will just eat the loss and move on.. 60.00 don't laugh.. I hear ya!!!!

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  11. mpcusa

you really have to consider future silver prices here, I would think that silver
    Could make it up to the $25 dollar range, but not much past that unless there
    Was a severe manipulation of the market, so i base most of my purchases on
    that number unless there is something i really have to have.

12. mpcusa

Well i paid $52 for my one and only silver krugger, like anything prices usually
    Drop, next year when the 18,s come out these should be allot lower i mean the
    50 privy (17) maybe cheap enough to invest in :)

13. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I'd be very surprised if there even IS a 2018 silver Krug. I think it's a one off.

silversiren and Nathan401 like this.
  14. ddddd

ddddd Member

At this point, it might be more likely that Silver reaches $25 before this coin gets that low. If Silver hits $25, I would up my range to $27-$32.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

The silver Krug will NEVER be a basic bullion coin. It is intended to mark the 50th anniversary of the gold Krug, nothing more. In that regard, it is as much a commemorative as those asinine dimes, quarters and halves were dated 2016. One part commem and one part bullion.

16. mpcusa

It,s my understanding that they will continue to mint the Krugger with the 50 privy
    atleast through the next year and beyond, the price has already dropped a great
    deal from $70 to $43 again when the 2018,s are released the price will drop further
    At this rate it will become a viable investment vehicle.

17. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

It's a shame, they and the companies that marketed the coin, definitely gave the impression it was a one year only celebrating the 5oth anniversary of the Krugerrand.

2017_s1Rand_50thAnniv_krug_BlkCr-pf70FR_obv.jpg

mpcusa and Nathan401 like this.
  18. mpcusa

That,s a fantastic coin for sure ! just love it, however not a big fan of getting a
    Bullion coin graded, just really tough to get that premium back especially since
    The prices have dropped so dramatically, I can remember a short time ago
    when they first came out "Raw examples" were over $70 ! now you can get
    Them for around $43 and some change, even though it,s a 70 that price has come
    Down as well, but if you just wanted to get a high grade example that,s fine to :)

19. E Pluribus Unum

E Pluribus Unum Active Member

I originally decided not to buy the silver Krugerrand, but, as a coin collector, I decided to go ahead and buy a certified silver Krugerrand. I was looking on eBay and noticed that most of certified silver Krugerrands are slabbed by NGC. I was always partial to buying PCGS graded coins; however, by comparison, there aren't as many silver Krugerrands in PCGS slabs as there are in NGC slabs. Why is that?

20. ddddd

ddddd Member

A majority are in NGC holders because MCM was the official distributor of the coins and they have a closer relationship with NGC (the two are practically across the street from each other).

mpcusa and silversiren like this.
  21. mpcusa

A little birdie told me they will continue to mint these, why wouldnt they ? obviously
    Its a popular coin, there would be no reason to cease production.

Draft saved Draft deleted