2017 Silver Krugerrand your thoughts on investing in these

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 12, 2017.

1. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Yessir. Only 1mil minted for 2017 and 2017 is the only 50yr anniversary the Krugerrand will have. I'll probably buy the 75yr anniversary (if it happens).

How high was the authority that told you they'll be minting the 50yr privy beyond the 2017 series?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

well I received my two kruger like yours today......... 60.00 each.....gimmick or not I have a couple......of the high dollar silver toooooo..

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Who is the man on the backside..... South Africa designer..or who? sure is a pretty minted bullion.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That almost looks gold :) so what did you pay for that ? if you dont mind me asking ?

6. mpcusa

what did they go up ?? paid 54.00 for mine

7. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

JM has them for $49.95 (+tax?) Now.

8. mpcusa

Still way over spot, if they drop in to the $25 range i would buy more :)

9. moneycostingmemoney

I'm pretty happy with it:shame: and not at all. Initially I only wanted to pay 45 for it, but after some thinking I figured I'd probably actually win it around 48. And with recent bidding trends I noticed people go with the figure X.61 so I went for max bid of 48.62 and got it for that. I was telling my stock friend, that loosely follows metals, about it while fishing and he said that it was a hefty premium for and ounce of silver. I said maybe, but this is a bullion piece I felt would also carry with itself a numismatic premium by way of collectibility . Most importantly I wanted to have one and don't plan on dumping it for a quick profit so it became a "how much do you really want one" kind of a deal. On the metals market they will always be valued at spot plus 2-4, but in the numi world I think they will find support around 45. But only time will tell.

10. mpcusa

Yes that is a high premium, however just to have one is really cool they are
    Just awesome eye candy, I m looking to complete a world set of 1 OZ bullion
    Coins already have the Krugerrand and just picked up the maple leaf most
    Are still just above spot prices similar to the ASE.S which I pick up atleast
    10-15 a month among my other PM purchases.

es

11. moneycostingmemoney

@mpcusa i like the idea of the world set. I picked up a couple Aussie kangaroos last year. Aside from them, the ones you mentioned and the Chinese SR are there many others in order to complete? I only know about what I've come across on the bay and I'm interested in doing a set now myself

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    mpcusa likes this.
  12. SilverDemon

SilverDemon New Member

I agree , the mark up of slabs is crazy, so I don't buy them .

13. mpcusa

Just got in a few coins yesterday that i will be posting, i think a whole horde of
    ASE,S would be boring, going to do something bold, am going to tray and get
    all the national countries 1 OZ GOLD.SILVER,PLATINUM have just starting doing
    That with the 1/10 OZ coins but there is a HUGE difference in cost at that level !

14. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I am also collecting modern world bullion coins. (silver anyway) 1oz., and 10oz. That keeps me busy with all the new stuff, as well as back issues. I definitely couldn't keep up,(or afford) the other bullion types. Although I do have some. The gold, platinum, and others would be a daunting task to say the least. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  15. moneycostingmemoney

Indeed. That would be a very expensive assortment of Bullion. But if that's your goal anyways why not switch them up and get as many different types. Gold is gold and silver is silver, but, like you said, the assortment would make it more interesting than just having a pile of ASEs.

16. mpcusa

17. mpcusa

Looks like me and photo bucket didnt agree on that one !

18. mpcusa

Here,s my Silver Krugerrand package

[​IMG]

19. mpcusa

20. mpcusa

21. mpcusa

Just added this to the investment pool today, most of these you can get for the
    Price of an ASE which is cool here,s my maple leaf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted