2017 Silver Krugerrand your thoughts on investing in these

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 12, 2017.

1. oobaa47

oobaa47 New Member

Sorry......1oz silver coins

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Decent for silver, fantastic for gold.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Dirt cheap for either. Fabrication is not free.

ToppCatt likes this.
  5. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I feel that there are to many 1 oz. Silver "coins" out there already. There are some places, such as Niue, Tuvalu, and Tokelau that literally depend on these 1 oz coins to support their economy. However, just because I feel that if you want to stack silver, rounds would be a better buy than these coins, including the South African Silver Kugerand, I would never stand in the way of someone that finds it enjoyable to collect them. If I don't like a coin, I don't buy it, not stop them from being made. In the words of the self proclaimed coin expert and renowned author, Rick Tomaska, you buy what you like.

From my Samsung Smartphone

6. Actually looks quite nice in the slab. Buying one for the looks wont kill anyones budget and it probably looks great in the Vault along with the COMEX good delivery bars

7. Wow 37.55 USD free shipping for the 2017 Privy edition. Looks like someones Crystal ball was right.

8. Sold slabbed first strike PF70 for 299 dollars yikes. Other slabbed PF70 sold for 255 What a dumb investment paying 700 for that only to lose most of the premium a little over a year.

Clawcoins likes this.
  9. Well its easy to say “life is isn’t all about money and making it” from your 5 acre mountain retreat while you enjoy your coins.

Now I am not a poor shlep jealous about money etc. shit I am wealthy myself like you but man I had to bust my ass striving to make a lot of money and obviously you did too. That saying really rubs me the wrong way for some reason and it always comes out from someone who is wealthy sitting on assets. Maybe because when I was young we were homeless for a bit and had to work nights at 13 illegally to help my mom and dad pay the bills and then go to public school in the morning. Poverty sucked and every dollar more was a big thing. I live quite comfortably and making money is not my sole focus in life but Thats because once you reach a certain apex the money pretty much makes itself from passive income generating investments. But its all about money when your at the bottom trying to climb yourself out of the pit.

10. You should see the tacky stuff on ebay with the “Tails you lose” and sexy girl coins going for 25 or more.

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I actually bought a 2017 Silver Krugerrand because 1) I thought it looked nice and 2) I hoped it would be a one year coin...then came 2018 and I have to admit I bought one of those too, but I stop now.

ddddd likes this.
  12. V. Kurt Bellman

Words that should quite literally never be seen together.

Nathan401 likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

It's almost 2019. "Big I stop now", didn't you say that in 2017. lol :) I couldn't resist Kentucky.

Kentucky likes this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

I did buy a 2017 (full box presentation), at the MCM booth in Denver while "fat, bald, ugly and stupid" from Pawn Stars was there. I bought my 2018 at Philly, out of a roll.

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

...humpf...I can stop any time I like...are they making 2019's...:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

ddddd and Collecting Nut like this.
  16. Collecting Nut

LOL Should I assist you?

Kentucky likes this.
  17. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

I never saw this thread until now. I got a SP69 NGC last year, September of 17. I paid $50 and I'm ok if they drop. I just wanted an example. Actually just got an 18 regular bullion issue a couple of weeks ago. Sharp looking coins in my opinion.

longnine009 and ddddd like this.
  18. ddddd

ddddd Member

At least point 1 is still true! The 2017 issue has not performed well as an investment, but if you were a collector who purchased an example for your set, you at least still have a nice design. And the 2018 (and beyond if they keep issuing them) might be a good bullion play or a way to diversify one’s silver stack if bought at similar premiums to an ASE or Maple.

asheland and Kentucky like this.
  19. ddddd

ddddd Member

The Proofs have not done well as you can see from my earlier quoted prices to what they go for today. The high initial price and the release of 2018 proofs certainly has not helped.

asheland likes this.
  20. V. Kurt Bellman

I never buy ANY coin, nor have I ever, as an “investment”. Coins are strictly a consumption purchase in my mind.

asheland likes this.
  21. ddddd

ddddd Member

I find that to be a good way of looking at it. While there can be arguments for certain items to be investments or hedges in one’s portfolio (like bullion), many items will go down in price. Treating it as a consumption purchase and only purchasing if you have the money to spend, can be a wise decision.

asheland likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted