2017 Silver Krugerrand your thoughts on investing in these

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 12, 2017.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

ALL of me wants it to end.

FBLfinder likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

4. V. Kurt Bellman

Why? Because there are quite ENOUGH butt stupid makers of one ounce silver bullion, thank you very much. The world does not need another.

5. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Kurt,
    Why do you care? You hate precious metals anyway. Why does the world need to conform to your POV? Why does everyone have to conform to the way Kurt thinks, otherwise everyone else are either stupid makers of one ounce silver bullion or stupid collector/stackers of silver bullion. If someone wants to provide silver bullion rounds, someone wants to collect the bullion or stack to hedge inflation or whatever, why is it any of your business?

Attention All: KURT HAS ANNOUNCED THAT SILVER BULLION ROUNDS WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO BE MADE OR PURCHASED. ANYONE IN POSSESSION OF SILVER WILL BE DECLARED A STUPID ENEMY OF KURTLAND.

CasualAg$ and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  6. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

7. V. Kurt Bellman

Just as anyone who disagrees with @Truble will be abusively trolled to death. @Truble, of course, as everyone knows, is THE paragon of all that is good and proper because he has the good common sense to invoke Patrick Henry in his avatar, hence he is the holder of the great torch of Liberty. (or Death.)

And yes, now that he mentions it, precious metals, and the way people act around them, were and are the proximate cause of virtually every major economic debacle in human history not associated with a natural disaster or criminal activity. Great company, that.

"Money as an instrument of public policy", aka "fiat money" has saved more lives than every hard-money-loving prepper-leaning cretin put together ever has.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. kkathyl0

kkathyl0 Active Member

The Mint uses a small batch process that is good for high quality and made sense with Gold at 1,300 range, but not so much for volume with Silver at 16. That was the reason for not making Silver in the past. Cost per hour per machine. They needed to partner with some smart folks to get this Silver version to market. It took a lot of work and in my opinion the coins came out excellent.

9. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

At least if I disagree, I don't have to stoop to calling people butt stupid. And yes, if it weren't for Patrick Henry, the governments oppression of inalienable rights would run rampant. I am sure there were Tories in House of Burgesses on the day of his famous speech that opposed Liberty as well.

CasualAg$ likes this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

Man, if you can look around you in 2017 and see anything resembling liberty, you have a way better imagination, or better drugs, than I do. Read Snowden a little. Compared to the REST of what's going on out there, the Federal Reserve gives me more warm fuzzies than anybody.

On the topic, the SA Mint seems perfectly happy to alter their product lineup year by year with little hesitation. The point is, @Truble, there is no shortage of producers of 1 oz. silver. It's a market awash in supply.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  11. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

But who cares? Why is your or my place to determine what someone wants to market? Or someone what's to buy? By the way I consider myself less a troll and more of a heckler. In fact, other than you, ErolGarip is the only other person I heckle. Maybe it's because I am against everything you are for. Can't imagine what things would look like in the absence of liberty, maybe North Korea.

image.jpg

CasualAg$ likes this.
  12. V. Kurt Bellman

Nah, when I think of personal liberty taken to the bridge too far, I see Mogadishu, Somalia. Too much private "liberty", too little functioning government.

I KNOW what the complete lack of liberty looks like - it looks like here and now. It died when the digital revolution took hold.

13. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

Well the same could be said for any coin out there. Isn't variety one attribute that draws people to coin collecting in the first place.

14. V. Kurt Bellman

No, most coins are unique to their mints. One ounce of .999 silver is about as repetitive and boring as anything ever gets.

15. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

That's your opinion. Its the way I feel about the rest of the coins out there, boring and repetitive.

16. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

That's called anarchy, not Liberty. And I have never espoused Anarchy in any form, just opposition to way too much "functioning" government. You and I have gone round this tree before no sense rehashing it.

CasualAg$ likes this.
  17. Old Coin Dawg

Old Coin Dawg Active Member

They are over priced.

18. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

Maybe, maybe not. First year issue, more than likely only year of issue. Investments in general require a level of risk the bigger the risk the bigger the reward.

19. oobaa47

oobaa47 New Member

Can anyone advise if a $1.69 overspot for the South African krugerrands is a decent deal?

20. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

For Silver or Gold?

21. ddddd

ddddd Member

$1.69 over spot per oz would be decent for silver or gold Krugerrands in my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted