2016 Silver Chinese Panda Online Prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverTracker, Apr 29, 2016.

1. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Has anyone found these coins better than $ 29.00 for one 1oz Silver Chinese silver panda? If so where?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Sirius auctions. I got 1 for $27 another for $34. Been a few weeks ago. All the coins they auction are PCGS if your OK with that. Both mine from there are 69's. You do have to register to partake tho.

4. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

20160429_170521-1.jpeg 20160429_170418-1.jpeg
    Not the best pics, quickies took with phone.

5. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

6. New Windsor Bill

New Windsor Bill Well-Known Member

There is a store on ebay called the PARADISE MINT, I have gotten MS 69'S for as cheap as $33. and MS 70'S in the $40. range. They are a good seller and they have about a 1000 listings. Otherwise JM. BULLION OR PROVIDENT METALS are good.

7. Honest-Ab

Honest-Ab Member

Got mine from Golden Eagle. I'm sure it was less than 29

8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

The provident site lists them as 30 grams. I thought pandas were an ounce, they aren't?

9. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

True, they are 30g.

10. New Windsor Bill

2016 is the first year ever that China has made the Panda in 30 grams. In 2015 they made them with no weight specified for the first time. They were still 1 ounce in 2015 with no markings on the coin.

11. avr5700

avr5700 Member

China leading the curve on bullion product shrinkage. Soon it will be all the rage!

Cascade likes this.
  12. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

13. Desire_Silver

Desire_Silver New Member

Panda's are cheaper than that on APMEX.

14. medoraman

So are the Chinese mad at the French now?

(Think about it........where does a Troy ounce come from). :)

15. New Windsor Bill

That's a good one but in reality, these coins are going to be more collectable with these differences now. Some of the older Pandas are worth a pretty penny.

16. medoraman

You think the fact the pandas do not contain an ounce will make them more collectible? In what way? The older ones have been pricey long before they decided to short change the metal.

17. New Windsor Bill

I think the 2015 with no weight specified is more collectable and the 2016 would be an added variety.

18. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

If you try and sell the new ones to a dealer, you will loose money at the weigh in. They will adjust their prices accordingly.

19. medoraman

But I thought every year was a "variety", since they change panda designs every year. I thought that is one of their keys to success, making a longstanding series but changing the reverse design every year to make it more interesting. That, and pandas are cute and the quality is high.

20. New Windsor Bill

I love them. Here are a few of mine.

Attached Files:

21. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

What about the ones that say china plated silver? 10 yuan with box? While others say 1 oz silver Chinese Panda Coin 10 Yuan.

Draft saved Draft deleted