2016 ASE $16.95

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kentucky, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

Missed it. Think it's a good idea to wait for it to happen again or just buy around $20?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

They might start the 2017's at $16.95

4. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Beware the backlash. 3rd call in a month. This time at 6:50am as I'm trying to get out the door. Starts right off into a run-on sentence and won't let me cut in. When I finally got breathing room - I stated it was the 3rd call and 3rd time I'd asked to be removed - and that I don't want the calls.

Sticky strings attached with govmint.com

I'm still happy I bought - but getting less happy each call. I've now started a time/date log. I'll get a nice $500 bonus when they violate "do not call" laws.

Paul M. and slackaction1 like this.
  5. Lesbian Cow

Lesbian Cow Member

Enter their phone number as yours when you place the order....

Paul M. likes this.
  6. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I think the consensus was that the $16.95 price was a loss leader for them. I bought at $17.95 but it was still a good deal because even then it was barely $2.00 over spot.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

You can get them for under $3.00 over spot on a certain website. Pm me if you want the info.

8. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

$2 over is wholesale cost direct form the Mint, so as close as you can get to $2 over is best. Anything under $3 would be acceptable, $2.50 or less would be considered a good price. In up trending periods, sub $2 is possible when dealers can buy one week then sell the next at a higher spot price.

Bman33 likes this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Lesbian Cow... now that's funny :hilarious:

Any relation to the Lesbian Seagull from Beavis & Butthead :eggface:

10. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Just FYI: Do not call restrictions only apply to organizations with whom you do not have a business relationship. i.e. Cold calls. Since you have done business with them, they are allowed to call you even if you request they don't.

I just blocked their number and it seems to have worked so far.

Stevearino likes this.
  11. Brett_in_Sacto

They have specifically been told not to call. There are laws to support my right not to be bothered by them repeatedly.

12. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

I placed 5 orders, or so, and only received one call and no additional mailings. I listened to her pitch and said I wasn't interested, and that was it. Don't recall asking not to be contacted again. Not sure if I just lucked out, or if you have just been unlucky.

13. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

that sounds annoying. do you have the number they're calling you from?

Kentucky likes this.
  14. Brett_in_Sacto

It was area code 651. I've already blocked it and cleared it from my call list.

Kentucky likes this.
  15. Kentucky

After reading this yesterday, I got my first call from them. Very nice young man was humping the new South African gold coin, I just told him I wasn't interested.

16. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

OK, did my research and we're both right and wrong. I guess they've changed the rules regarding "established business relationship". From the FCC web site:

"Having an established business relationship no longer meets the rules for permissible unsolicited calls to your landline phone."

But, you aren't going to get $500 either: :(

"The FCC can issue warning citations and impose fines against companies violating or suspected of violating the do-not-call rules, but does not award individual damages."

17. Kentucky

Just checked, they have ASE's for $18.95

18. Koinman

Koinman New Member

Maybe they're 'cow-sins'???

19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Dug this Thread up as I started thinking about 2017 ASE's. Anyone think we will see a similar offer like this next year from Govmint?

20. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

May happen at 6:22 AM EST Silver is 16.63 and heading south

21. Kentucky

Hey, they have my e-mail...

Bman33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted