2016 ASE $16.95

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kentucky, Mar 4, 2016.

1. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

It is not clear if the flips are PVC or not. Mine do not have an odor.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

If they are PVC coated, what is the safest way to put them in a tube without scratching them?

4. Soiled

Soiled Everyone has coin Avatars. I chose space.

If youre worried about scratching them, put them in airtites.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

OK, when I took my ASE's out of the envelope, they smelled like a new shower curtain. This is an indication that the flip is made of PVC. PVC is fine (and cheap) for short term storage, but can leak out the plasticizing agent that is used and get goo on your coins long term. The best long term storage if you are not overly concerned about appearance would be in tubes. Second, the 2x2 flips with Mylar (polyester) windows are cheap and work, third would be Mylar flips or airtites.

Bman33 likes this.
  6. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

This is now "officially" the cheapest (as measured by cost over spot) that I have ever bought ASE from a dealer.

I just bought another 10 with the spot price of silver at $15.97, making the cost over spot $0.98.

...and I just sold a roll yesterday for $3.50 over spot. ;) (Local dealers here are selling them for $4 over spot)

Garlicus and Soiled like this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

And even the megadealers are buying them for $2 over spot.

8. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

And thanks again to you for bringing this sale to our attention. It doesn't show up on comparesilverprices.com, so I probably wouldn't have stumbled upon it otherwise.

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Just received another 10.

And, at .89 over spot now, I just had to order another 10, lol.
    Surprisingly, no takers on my tubes @ $380 yet.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. rich selvar

rich selvar New Member

Thanks for the info.. Just bought 10 w/free shipping.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  11. Up to $17.95 now.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  12. Garlicus

Was good while it lasted. Glad I grabbed another 10 before they went up.

BalancedLoad likes this.
  13. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

Ok, I will follow the advice here and get some safe storage holders.

If silver keeps inching up I will gladly track their pricing. My LCS also pays $2 over adjusted spot for ASEs. That being said, I am not doing this to sell them right away. I am hoping we see a run into the $30 range on spot that holds and for the g/s ratio to support the price stabilizing.

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I got my 10 yesterday (Saturday) via UPS Smart Post at my local post office. :greedy:

100_6871.JPG

Garlicus and TopcatCoin like this.
  15. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Missed out on the $16.95 action. Bought 10 today at $17.95. Still a good deal at $2.07 over spot. That's how much it was costing me for generic rounds.

McBlzr likes this.
  16. Garlicus

TopcatCoin likes this.
  17. Soiled

Soiled Everyone has coin Avatars. I chose space.

Garlicus likes this.
  18. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Well I took my Eagles out of the crappy flips they came in and put them in air-tites. Beautiful coins. I got another 10 at another website for a good deal a couple of weeks ago. Put them all in an air-tite tube. Going into long term storage now.

Paul M. likes this.
  19. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

Pinehurst is selling decent two sided flips via eBay, I decided on those instead of airtights. They store easier for me this way. I may look into some tubes eventually.

20. avr5700

avr5700 Member

20.50 now and they seem to be watching the spot to keep it from falling into bargain territory again. Maybe the <17 period was evidence of an active vacation without backup.

Bman33, Paul M. and Kentucky like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted