2016 ASE $16.95

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kentucky, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Just saw in the LA Times 2016 ASE's for $16.95. When I went to govmint.com that was the price they had with free shipping for 9+ and a limit of 10 at that price.

Brett_in_Sacto, Blaubart and isaiah58 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Received my first batch yesterday. They are individually packaged in mylar flips, which is cool. My next batch, which is expected next week, is also going to include an NGC MS-70 $5 gold eagle for $169.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

You can get up to 40 more at 17.95 each

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Garlicus

Tubes of 20 are $349, which is $17.45 per coin and I didn't see a limit on tubes.

Less expensive to buy the 10 at a time, as long as their system allows. I've already placed 2 orders and getting ready to do a third.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

Ok, I couldn't find the tubes so thought that was over with. I will check again. I will also attempt to order the 16.95 special multiple times.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Wow, this is a good deal. This was my first time ordering for govmint.com, and I didn't realize I can use my CC at this price. I don't like having to put a paper check in the mail, but that's what I have to do to get the best prices at Provident. This price beats Provident by $1.30/ea. right now. So $13 cheaper for 10, and I can use my CC and get some rewards points to boot.

Thanks!

Garlicus and Kentucky like this.
  8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I've bought 3 lots of 10 so far. Beware the advertising that comes along with it. But it is a good deal and they do deliver.

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I thought I was done buying bullion this year but this is such a great price I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not.

10. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

I was all set to pay $18 to $19 per ASE, was trying to avoid taxes so needed to spend $1k minimum at my LCS. Like a few above, I have placed three orders so far. The best deals on generics are around 80 cents over spot, on ASEs just over $19 for ACH or check payment. I paid for this by CC and already made a payment to my card so no interest.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Blaubart

Ten more ordered.

Now I should post another CL add to sell some silver at $4/oz over spot. :woot:

Kentucky and Garlicus like this.
  12. Kentucky

After reading my own hype, I just bought another 10!

13. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I just had a set of 10 arrive. 10 OZT in silver and 7.6 OZT in advertising - and what prices.

The 16.95 ASE's are definitely the bait.

Somewhere in the middle of the catalog the PAMP Suisse 1ozt gold bar is a "bargain" at $1699.

1ozt silver bars with the "Morgan" design an even better bargain at $29.95ea. Most bullion dealers sell these for about a buck over melt.

14. Kentucky

Yeah, Brett, I spent some time looking at the website trying to find another good deal so as to take advantage of the free shipping...nada...nope...zip

15. Garlicus

Who cares? LOL. We cherry picked the ASEs. Hate to see all that paper and ink wasted, but that's what the recycle bin is for.

16. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

The deal on the ASE tubes isn't bad either, just not necessary seeing we can just place one order at a time for the 10 unit deal.

I agree, everything else is a joke. But, they are advertising on Facebook so guaranteed a bunch of suckers.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  17. Kentucky

No paper nor ink was wasted, but billions and billions of electrons were disturbed.

18. Blaubart

The first ten ounces that I ordered from govmint came in today. Ordered on Monday, arrived on Saturday. Not bad at all. I'm used to 3-4 weeks from other companies.

19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Box of Halves...1 40% (1968)

20. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Mine arrived also, time to get more if the price is still right 10 2016  ase.JPG

Garlicus, McBlzr and TopcatCoin like this.
  21. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I just ordered 10 w/ Free Shipping :woot:

Garlicus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted