2015 1 oz Mexican Libertads on special

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Teddydogno1, Jun 18, 2015.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I didn't check to make sure, but read that Bay Precious Metals is the ebay arm of Coins and Things in Mass. They're an AP for the US Mint, and one of the bigger APs.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

DANG! I missed that one.

4. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

I buy a lot on ebay but never offered any ebay bucks. Do you have to sell to get them? Or is my few thousand a month not close to ranking in the free ebay bucks category?

5. autograf

autograf Member

http://ebaybucks.ebay.com/

You have to join ebay bucks program first. Then you get 2% for all items you purchase that fall under the ebay bucks program. Bullion doesn't and there are other exclusions. If you spend a couple thousand a month, you'll get $40 back in ebay bucks. Once you join, you will occasionally (2-3 times a month sometimes) get promotions for 2x,3x,4x,5x ebay bucks. So that 2% becomes 4,6,8,10%. When you get the 5x ebay bucks, buy heavier of course. Sometimes you will find a bullion deal that's either mis-listed or somehow makes it into a 'coins' category where you still get the bucks deals. SO.....like the Mexican Libertads that were up a while back....they were a great price alone but then they were in a non-bullion category and many folks had 4x bucks so for a couple rolls of $450ish Libertads, we got back $35ish ebay bucks for each roll. The multipliers are the way to play ebay bucks. Good luck. It's a good program that helps you offset some of the fees you pay if you're a seller and just gives you some bonus if you're just a buyer.

6. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

As I lamented a couple of times in this thread, you don't always get special offers. I've been in the Bucks program for about a year before (didn't know about it before). In the Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 periods, I was getting offers every week and sometimes twice a week. This period...NOT ONE. The current period ends tomorrow (last day of June), then the "spending period" begins where the Bucks are distributed and you have 30 days to use them. Typically during that time, there are no special offers.

Rob

7. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

very old posting $510

8. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

Another downside of living outside of the US:

Sorry, You can't enroll in eBay Bucks.
    eBay Bucks is currently only available in the US. Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information.

9. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

What's a very old posting? Is this 'Name That Tune', and you are trying to make your point in 4 notes (words) or less???? If you are TRYING to say 'This is a very old posting, and those rolls are $510", say it, we won't bite (well, some may, and I MAY nibble, but...). Not trying to be rude, but, c'mon...

Currently (as I write this), those rolls of Libertads are $518.13 (they've been $525 and change pretty much for the entire week, well, since this thread was started). When this listing was brought to our attention, APMEX had them on special pricing at $469.50 (I believe it was only for a day...maybe even less than a 24 hour period....seemed they were back to $520 something right quick). There was ALSO an ebay bucks promo for 2X, 3X, 4X bucks at that time. With that roll at $469 to START, stash away 8% in ebay bucks ($37.56), 1% Cash Rewards CC and 1% Mr. Rebates (another $4.70 for each side), that's $46.96 total (those 1% CC rewards add up, as does Mr. Rebates, and I couldn't have given a s^"t about Mr. Rebates early on, but I gave it a shot, and THAT adds up too....I think ANYONE who buys more than 1 coin a year should join...more $ in your pocket for more, or $$ towards better coins... but that's just my opinion). ANYWAY, that 25 coin roll of Libertads cost me $422.54, or $16.90 per coin (spot was about $16.20 at that particular time) . That's a deal I'd go for any day. The point is, IF you are lucky and receive those ebay bucks offers, USE 'EM!! It really does add up...I'm good for at least a roll of Leafs or Libertads or ASE's, or $$ towards a nice collector coin every bucks earnings period, as I'm now consistently maxing out each account's ebay bucks limit of $500 per earnings period.

Matters not if you buy/sell, or how MUCH you buy/sell. If you sign up for them, just hope you do receive them. Ebay claims it's random. I get them on both my buyer's AND seller's accts, not to mention, the occassional 10% off coupon....seems I get at least ONE kind of promo every week (had one this past Wed/Thurs, now I got another one today ....keep 'em coming, ebay!!). OH......Just FYI, those Libertad rolls are STILL listed in the COINS/MEXICO category..

Lastly, there's a listing for AGE's, wound up listed in the Flying Eagle category (sellers should be smarter/more creative and list there bullion COINS under NON-bullion categories...buyers with bucks promos can get goods cheap and sellers will sell more). The seller has them at $1,245, less 8% ebay bucks (well, you max out at $100), that brings you to $1,145, close to $30 below spot! I know nothing about the seller, though they've got 100% feedback, obviously not a 'coin dealer', but past bullion sales are all positive....though you should note the delay in shipping. Anyway, here's the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14170612176...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=141706121760&_rdc=1

10. autograf

autograf Member

That looks like a great deal but I'm tapped......wonder how/why sellers put stuff in non-bullion categories? Those Libertads are usually in bullion but for some reason were in non-bullion category. Think APMEX or MCM or whomever lists them there with ebay's knowledge? The exposure is ebay's since they're the ones doling out the bucks.....pretty interesting. I've only gotten one 5x lately. Mostly 3x and 4x. Still great deals though and they do accumulate. I'm around $400 for this period so looking forward to getting something nice this quarter. Still need $20 Liberty gold, $1 Type II and $3 Gold for my type set, so may put it on one of those......

11. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

It IS (or WAS) a great deal! Apparently, the seller only had a half dozen for sale, and in the 11+ hours since I posted the link, all 6 have been sold. After purchasing a bunch of silver with the last 3 or so bucks promos (I had a number of offers late in this earnings period, and I just HATE to pass on those 4X or 5X deals), I would have been squeezing my wallet, but I was ready to take a chance on this seller. I then realized my ebay bucks earnings were already very close to the $500 max for an earnings period (it was close to $470). With ebay bucks maxing out for any single transaction at $100, what was I going to do, only accept 1/3 of my ebay bucks??? That isn't working the system to it's fullest, so I passed on it. Seems a half dozen buyers had no problem with the delayed shipping (that bothered me a tiny bit), and gobbled them up.

Draft saved Draft deleted