2014 50th anniversary silver Kennedy set.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rickmp, Mar 6, 2018.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I just dug to the back of a closet and found a forgotten 2014 50th anniversary Kennedy half dollar silver coin collection 4 coin set in original mint packaging.
    Can anyone tell me the original mint price for this?
    If I were to sell this set, would it be to my advantage to sell it as is, or to send the coins for grading before selling?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

The original price was $99.95.
    These sell for around issue price (+/- $10-$20) raw in original packaging. If graded 69, they sell about the same as raw. Examples that grade 70 have a premium, but still might not be enough to spend money on grading ($200-$300 for recent eBay sales).

The enhanced UNC coin, if it grades with the dmpl designation, would be a winner (around $300 for 69 dmpl...much more for 70 dmpl).

Paul M. and jwitten like this.
  4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think I have a few of these tucked away somewhere as well, hoping they would be winners. Oh well.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I ordered two of these, thinking there might be flip potential. As it turned out, I got one set of coins with no defects I could see, and one where at least three of the coins had obvious issues. I decided I liked the coins enough to keep a set, so I returned the defective set and kept the good one.

(OK, I kind of grit my teeth and ignore the reverse proof, but I like the rest of them. ESPECIALLY the Enhanced Uncirculated.)

Given my last few Mint experiences, I'm inclined to order multiples of nearly anything -- not to flip, just to ensure that I get at least one example without obvious flaws. If they get tired of me returning things, I'll stop shopping there.

6. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Draft saved Draft deleted