New to the site with a question or 2 about the 2014 Kennedy 4 Coin Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Half Dollar Collector, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Longtime reader, new member!

I have searched the forums and not found any new conversations in 3+ years about the 2014 P-D-S-W Kennedy silver half Dollars.

Why no respect for the coins? Do they have a future? IMHO undervalued.......

Many thanks for your thoughts and comments.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

I can't tell the future. But if you ask me, then yes.
    Latest member, Here is a some info:
    The special 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Uncirculated Coin Set was created by the U.S. Mint to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the minting of the first Kennedy half-dollar in 1964. What makes the coins in this set different than the regular circulation strike 2014 Kennedy half dollars is that the dies used to create these coins were created from the original sculptures crafted by Gilroy Roberts in 1963.

edited - copyright

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
  4. lovecoinswalkingliberty

edited - copyright

5. lovecoinswalkingliberty

edited - copyright

6. lovecoinswalkingliberty

7. lovecoinswalkingliberty

Kennedy Gold Coin Becomes a Numismatic Disaster
    Tuesday August 12, 2014 12:48

On August 5, 2014 at 12pm Noon EST, the U.S. Mint began to sell a Kennedy .999 Gold Half Dollar to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the 1964 John F. Kennedy Half Dollar. Prior to this August 5th offering, the U.S. Mint had manufactured 40,000 coins. Their plan was to sell these ¾ ounce gold coins to the public for $1,240 per coin at the Chicago ANA convention, as well as in Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Denver and on the Mint’s website. (...)

Kitco

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Next time just post a couple links if you want, covering the entire thread with text of articles that's years old really didn't answer his question and just made it so pretty much everyone is going to pass on this thread

charlietig likes this.
  9. lovecoinswalkingliberty

None of Kennedy half dollars in two-coin 50th Anniversary set graded Specimen 70
    Grading services say coin quality affected by planchet flaws
    [​IMG]
    Nearly 59 percent of the coins submitted to PCGS from the two-coin Kennedy copper-nickel clad half dollar sets are being certified Specimen 67, including the 2014-P coin illustrated above.
    Images courtesy of liberty.coin on eBay.
    (...)

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Aside from agreeing with @baseball21, you really should be sure to cite your sources when so extensively quoting other websites. Although sure no harm was intended, not doing so may only make more work for the mods.

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explor...r-high-relief-reverse-pf-50c-pf-coinid-824311

Still, I certainly applaud your enthusiasm. :)

11. lovecoinswalkingliberty

12. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Too much to read and none of it I didn't know already.

13. BooksB4Coins

Which begs the question: if one doesn't bother to read what was posted, how can they so confidently state that they already know everything that was said?

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

@lovecoinswalkingliberty - Please do not post entire third party articles here. A short "teaser", along with the URL, is fine of course. :)

Christian

15. I want to thank the forum members who shared their views. I am still hopeful to get more responses.......why is the set dead as a door-nail, ..........or not?

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Probably because most everyone that wanted one bought it from the mint. If everyone that wants one has it, there is very little aftermarket.

17. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

http://begthequestion.info/

18. BooksB4Coins

Haha.... interesting! I picked it up from a middle school teacher many years ago. If not for the fact he's now dead, I'd forward it to him just for the rub. ;)

CoinCorgi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted