2013 West Point ASE set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, May 9, 2013.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

4. bg35765

bg35765 Member

The order I placed on the last day at 4:47 p.m. has shipped. So that should be just about all of them.

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

My set arrived today and it looks very good.
    Anybody know what the total mintage was for the set?

Mike

6. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

281,310...however, this figure will almost certainly be going down at some point, to account for cancellations and returns.

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Wow, that's a lot. At APMEX PCGS 70 sets are selling for $299.99.

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

9. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

So you ended up with a set you didn't order from the United States mint? .........lucky

10. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

So did you ever find out if you ordered it or not? Was there a subscription for it?

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I haven't had a chance (or the interest) to look into it.
    I'm going to keep the set and call the Mint to make sure I'm not on a subscription list.
    It really is a beautiful set.

Mike

12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Like I mentioned Mike, you wouldn't be disappointed. Even if you didn't want it, you could easily flip it for $20-40 more. If you collect Eagles, then this is a must have set.

13. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Shew, if it was me I would definitely be looking into it. That's like hitting the mint lotto, only thing better would've been if they sent you a Reverse Gold Buffalo mistakenly.

I might would even have to play some real lottery tickets with combinations of my us mint order number. (The number in the packaging since you didn't order them)

All I can say is wow if that really just turned up at your door out of the blue like that.

14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I'll go back and check my credit card bills. I'm very impressed by this set. I'll put them under the microscope soon.

15. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

I just got mine today! I kicked myself so hard for originally canceling my order. Today I happened to see them at a coin show and thought to myself that I was tired of kicking myself so I pulled the trigger and bought them! Actually I traded a few 2013 eagles for them. I can pick up 2013 eagles any day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rassi, dwhiz and medjoy like this.
  16. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

the question is:

How much of a premium did you have to pay?

17. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

I did a trade so no cash came out of my pocket. I traded 7 American eagles for the set.

I've got plenty of American Silver Eagles and kicked myself back in 2011 when I didn't buy the special edition set. I wasn't going to start kicking myself over not getting this set.

18. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Wow no new replies since Monday @ 8PM

20. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

I absolutely love the ASE's. Have quite a few already. Really need to go out and complete the collection to date. That is an amazing looking coin!

dwhiz likes this.
  21. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

What is CT coming to.....LOL

dwhiz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted