2013 West Point ASE set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, May 9, 2013.

1. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

they probably have 500k already minted. look out for other sets with the same coins. marketing 701 AKA the spock prophecies. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Is that something to the Mothman Prophesies?

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

The 69 sets are what is sold at close to mint release price, they usually make some money on the 70 sets.

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

ever heard of Nostradamus? that's closer to him than mothman :D

6. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

Hello, GoldMart is pre-selling PR/MS 70 graded sets as low as $289.99 and PR/MS 69 as low as $164.99 !

7. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

GoldMart is also pre-selling the PCGS First Strike Label and a PCGS Special West Point Label RP/MS 70 ~ 2 coin sets at $349.99 ! I think that I might try to buy a set or two with the NGC retro label in the RP/MS 69 grade.

8. green18

Or......................save a bundle and leave it in OGP. :)

9. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Does anyone think that the burnished 2013-W ASE released today might be a more cost-effective alternative at $48.95? Discuss amongst yourselves ... I haven't really ordered much Mint stuff lately.

Best Regards, :hail:

George

10. green18

I'm in for 5, George, and it's a bloody ripoff but I do it every year........

[edit to add] Holy mackerel, they've been shipped!

11. heckofagator

heckofagator Member

I have 2 subscriptions - 2 proof and 2 BU ASE's each year. Yeah, the price hurts a bit but this way I don't have to think about it - they just come.

12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Everyone has their own reason for buying. I just want an original issue of this new finish. I'm not concerned even if the new finish becomes a standard production feature from this day forward, nor how many are eventually offered for sale.

13. coinperson

coinperson Member

Regarding the above quote, what qualifies for Early Releases for NGC?

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

They receive it within 30 days of it's physical release to the public. They will accept unopened mint packages showing the shipping date as being within the 30 day window as well.

15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

yours is shipped??? Mine says 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 08/30/2013.

oh! You must mean the burnished...

nevermind!

16. green18

Yeah, the burnished ones Mike. Sorry to alarm you.......:)

17. phalanxcronos

phalanxcronos Member

7 days left will it beat out 2012? Might be close.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

18. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Thanks for clarifying, almost had a grabber....

19. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Going to be close, won't really know for a few months till they release the final numbers.

Although if it gets over 260k I think we could fairly safely say it will be a higher mintage. If it ends between 230-250 or so we won't really know till the final numbers come out.

I feel like there will be less cancellations this year than last year but that is just my gut feeling.

20. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

The number got a pretty good bump on the last day of sale on last years set. I'm guessing the counter on the mint website will hit 300,000 and then when the final numbers are revised a few months later will settle around 275,000.

21. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Hope your wrong about the final numbers,won't feel like I have something special...

Draft saved Draft deleted