2012 Silver Crash?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by FTWrath, Feb 11, 2012.

1. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

A good start! Now they need to get it out of that vault and down to Texas, into a 50-foot deep pit filled with rattlesnakes, wild boars, and scorpions, sort of an Indiana Jones scenario.

If wild boars routinely dine on snakes and scorpions (?), kindly revise my plan.

Repeat after me: Physical Possession!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fatima

fatima Junior Member

As I stated above, it's not an "asset" if it is not listed on the Federal Reserve's balance sheet. So unless you have another explanation, then your statement that central banks selling gold decreases the money supply is incorrect.

4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Here is a chart of gold "holdings" off the Internet (2010?). I have no idea if it's accurate; I doubt if ANYONE does. But it's interesting.

T014 Gold Reserves.jpg

5. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Your statement is irrelevant. The specific Fed accounting doesn't matter. Payment is made in dollars, so there are fewer dollars in circulation. Economic reality rules, as usual.

6. fatima

fatima Junior Member

It's not irrelevant at all as you already brought up "assets" but I do agree that you don't seem to understand it. If Payment is made in dollars, and we are talking about circulating money, then it does not disappear when the Federal Reserve receives it. Of course, you probably don't understand the role of primary dealers and the difference between base money and circulating money.

7. fatima

fatima Junior Member

In the USA there are another 8000 tons sitting in the vault of the NY Federal Reserve. This gold vault is open to visitors.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Everyone should read your statement carefully. You did a better job than anyone else could to refute your own statements and prove yourself wrong. And I know you will write a hundred posts to try to twist your way out of this, but I'm not playing. This is a very easy concept. I think you understand you are wrong, but ego won't permit you to admit it. QED.

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Sorry if you took it as an insult. You seem to get very upset whenever I relay a real life experience, so I thought I would save you the upset.

Btw, I never claim I am smarter than anyone. My explanation about "magic" numbers was intended to relay how humans put emphasis on certain numbers indicating a market level, when the market does not care if its price is $25 or 24.85, its simply a number like any other. To humans, though, certain prices seem to have some importance to them.

10. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I wasn't upset. I was stating an observation since you decided to involve me into another of your posts. If you stick to the point, instead making posts about other forumers, you would get responses relative to whatever relevant point you were trying to make.

11. fatima

fatima Junior Member

It was you who asked the original question that I responded to.

"

So either you asked a question that you already believe you know the answer to, or you simply don't understand it. It's your choice. My recommendation is to not ask questions that you are not prepared to hear the answer to. Now this is simple to understand.

12. Cloudsweeper99

You get no credit for an incorrect response.

13. crowbaby

crowbaby Member

Trying to predict a price point just before a turning point in waves of silver price has nothing to with magic. It has alot to do with luck. But if I don,t have a target price at which time to buy silver I will be oneday just watching the price of silver go up and up.

14. fatima

fatima Junior Member

OK so you are asking questions that you think you already know the answer to. i.e. Playing, something you claimed not to do.

"but I'm not playing."

-------------------

In regards to being wrong, I will state again when the Federal Reserve sells gold, if it sells gold, it does not affect the amount of currency in circulation. I've explained why. I contend that you are simply wrong unless you can tell us why and calling me names won't change this.

15. Cloudsweeper99

We'll just let that sit out there for others to ponder...

16. fatima

fatima Junior Member

There isn't anything to ponder. If one understand how the Federal Reserve's assets affect the money supply then it's clear why, if they involve themselves in gold sales, it won't affect the circulating money supply.

17. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

link?

I've heard they don't let anyone in to see the USA main gold holdings (in some military base i think), some speculation that the gold isn't there anymore.

18. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

You are talking about the Ft Knox and the rumormongers who like to (speculate is a kind word), that the gold is not there any more. A separate US agency audits it every year, so I have no doubt its there.

Fatima is talking about our reserves in NYC.

19. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

For all of the doomsday folks, here are the facts--the gold/silver ratio charts short and long term. Things fluctuate, and are cyclical--just like all the other variable markets.
    http://goldprice.org/gold-silver-ratio.html

20. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Your wish is my command...

http://gonyc.about.com/od/attractionslandmarks/p/federal_reserve.htm

As I stated above, these 200 million troy ounces is in addition to the amounts listed in the chart above. This IS NOT the USA gold holdings. That gold is in Ft. Knox and a few other smaller depositories. My math says 200 million troy ounces is about 6600 short tons.

21. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

Has this happened yet because I'd like to buy a gangload of silver if it did.

Draft saved Draft deleted