2012 High Relief Kookaburra

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by treehugger, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jaytant

jaytant Active Member

Think they already did that... 2011 Tuvalu Spider with a mintage of 2000

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. areich

areich America*s Darling

Hello

They mean an additional 10,000 in 2012

Amanda

4. areich

areich America*s Darling

Sorry - you mean the Russian version of 2011. Really, they are speaking of reissueing the 2006 dated coin again.

Amanda

5. CoinTopia

CoinTopia New Member

Quality coin.

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

what is a quality coins

7. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Goosh. Hope APMEX brings them in. I will start looking now. Thank you. I like that bird. Never meet a real one, but would like to. I live in Eagle and Owl country. Big birds are awesome. I even like the Chicken Hawks out here in Kansas.

8. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

When this was released, Perth Mint's website stated that US customers needed to purchase the HR Kook from Paradise Mint. It's odd that a couple people I know in the US stated their website took their order, I'm just not sure if they fulfilled the orders or not. Did anybody get one direct from the Perth Mint?

The other odd thing that happened was the Dragon of Legend coin, Chinese Dragon had no order limit. I ordered 3 of them and I should get them tomorrow. We'll see what happens as they charged my card for all 3...

9. areich

areich America*s Darling

I don't trust APMEX. They over charged my tax and twenty dollars shipping is excessive. I won't do business with them again.

Amanda

10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I ordered from the Perth Mint and recieved this email "We wish to advise despatch of your order via (Federal Express),"

11. vorador

vorador Junior Member

I emailed the Perth Mint and asked if U.S. customers had to order the coin through Paradise Mint (as is advertised on the Perth site) or if it could be ordered directly through them. They replied that it had to be through Paradise Mint because it was the the exclusive dealer for that particular coin for the U.S. market. So I went ahead and ordered one.

12. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

I ordered mine through Talisman Coins. Tracking number says "Out for Delivery". May have to go home early today.

13. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

yeh

They charged like 9.5% and then taxed the shipping cost. Their shtick is outragious

14. areich

areich America*s Darling

Ruben

You should have returned everything.

15. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

nah - I'll just avoid them. Besides, I'd had needed to return your coins as well.

16. PeacePeople

5oz Dragon Proof

Along the same lines as the HR kook, Perth Mint will sell the 5oz proof silver dragon only through the New York Mint. Not that it matters too much, they released it to Australia for $350 Aus$, slightly less for US$. I was thinking of buying 2 of them, but doubt they'll be less than $500 at NYM.com. The probably did me a favor by doing this, instead of 10oz of premium silver I can kick in about $80 and get 25oz of moose.

Good luck if you're looking for one, if I recall they had the 5oz koala last year and were offering for $600. If they sold out or not and how they've performed afterwards are things I don't know....

17. PeacePeople

One other thing....

I think we should start a thread about perth mint. Update the releases and info we find to help each other out. It seems there are plenty here that buy these items, so why not?

Also released today are 1/2oz sealife - Manta Ray and 1oz Australia shaped kookaburra.

Orders over $300 ship free to US and if you're not going to buy that much I'd suggest trying to get together and piggyback with others that are also interested. You already pay plenty of premium for the coins, why add more with freight?

18. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

You should still be able to purchase it from the Perth Mint even though New York Mint is the U. S. distributor. Paradise Mint was the U. S. distributor for the High Relief Kookaburra, but we could still purchase it directly from the Perth Mint.

19. PeacePeople

Their website won't allow it. Unlike the HR kook, this time they got it right and are not taking orders from US customers.

20. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Oh; that is probably not good then. Govmint aka New York Mint typically has pretty ridiculous markups on their coins. I usually look at their online prices and laugh, as they are so out of line. Maybe these will be different. Awww; who am I kidding?

21. PeacePeople

Not I, but lots of newbs join here on a regular basis, so you might toss that lolly-pop past a few people.

Draft saved Draft deleted