"2011 Silver High $50" The sky is the limit

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by General_Godlike, Feb 21, 2011.

1. General_Godlike

General_Godlike Dept. of Transportation

I figured we should start a new thread will a lot less to read through. So lets start here.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

There are millions of people hoping your right, including ME!

4. SilverCeder

SilverCeder Active Member

I don't know about the sky being the limit, IMO the limit is when the world economy finds some long term financial security, at least percieved financial security, and I don't see that happening anytime soon...... Until then, SILVER ^

5. Happy

Happy New Member

Silver will no doubt hit $50. The question is when... I'm not sure we will hit $50. this year (although, we might.) I see silver hitting $50. in the next 3 years. I could see silver hitting $80-100 in the next 5 years.
    I know many here don't think that is possiable. But, i have listed my reasons in a prior post to why silver is a good investment. My feeling is, that those target numbers are within reach.

6. SilverCeder

I agree Happy, though when someone says silver may reach $100.00, people look down on you or think you are just pumping, but I really think $100.00 an ounce is realistic within this decade, but who the heck knows..........

7. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

"2012 Silver High $80" The sky isn't the limit any more.

2/21/2012

8. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

For 2011, the voices keep telling me $40 at years end. I can't make them stop!

9. SilverCeder

"This is one of your voices......... sell SilverCeder all your silver for $20.00 an ounce!"

10. Happy

Happy New Member

Another thought to why ebay is going crazy with silver buyers... The US mint is not making silver eagles right now. Other mints are having a hard time getting their silver stocks up for production. Thats a real problem right now. And, silver is in big demand right now. Think of the millions of coins that have not been produced in the past several weeks.
    People are looking for secondary resourses to by silver. Ebay is meeting that need...

11. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I have no idea what the price of silver will be. But for now, the probability of it going higher appears to be greater than the probability of it going lower over the next couple of years.

12. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

I’m thinking that some of the silver price escalation we’ve been seeing recently has a political unrest factor built in. Consider that 1/3 of the world’s oil production comes from dictator run countries (Iran, Libya, Saudi, etc...), who’s people are in the process of running these tyrants out on a rail. With a growing concern focused on the possibility of interrupted oil supplies, it’s not unreasonable to predict much higher silver prices as this situation appears to spiral out of control.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I bought some sterling flatware on eBay when silver was much lower and folks on other threads got me thinking it might be a good time to sell some. If I did, I would probably sell it as flatware and hope it brings a premium.

However, if I didn't want the eBay hassles and just wanted to sell it as scrap...say, to a coin shop, here's my question...

Even though sterling silver has a slightly higher silver content than coin silver (.925 vs. .900), is sterling regarded as favorably by silver buyers as silver derived from .900 silver coins?

I seem to recall someone on CT saying that sterling silver was frowned upon by silver buyers, but I don't recall the reasons why. I "think" that one reason may have been due to inconsistent purity, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Buy stock in Ebay!!

15. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

BP just announced that they are pulling all of their oil production employees out of Libya - look for oil (and silver) to sky-rocket on tomorrow's open!

16. desertgem

The problem with buying sterling, is that it is usually items like flatwear, candlesticks, tea sets, etc. and those are hard to evaluate. The local Gold and diamond exchange had a huge pair of candlesticks come in for sale. He cut down a quarter of inch on base, and tested OK, so he bought for 50% "in case". Luckily he did, as he cut them down to ship and he ran into base metal. Generally spoons, forks, etc. are made from same silver so are better, but knives are a pain because the blades are usually stainless. If you removed the handles, you get a better deal on it.

The silver buyers seem low prices given until you figure the chances they have to take.

17. desertgem

BP had just bought 7B interest in India's Oil industry, so they will have someplace to send them if they need to. Interesting, will he withdrawal ( with are many more than just BP) reduce their stock price, or will the possible shortage raise them :)

doesn't 90% of US oil used come from Canada? so how much is fear? or is Canada revolting also?

Jim

18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Most of the stuff I have is early Wallace Stradivari...the heavy stuff. I think they're regarded as "trustworthy".

Thanks!

19. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If the price of oil goes up on the world market, I doubt Canada is gonna cut us any special deals.

20. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Interesting...it's hard to believe an Oz of silver will cost the same as a barrel oil...so it silver goes to $80, where will oil be at the end of 2011? :scratch:

21. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

I'm feeling there's going to be some resistance for silver between the 34-35 dollar marks and a hold within that range for a few days. Then a drop down in the area of $31.00 for a couple of weeks where it will "regroup" then start climbing hard again. Just my gut feeling I guess.
    Don't get me wrong, I love silver and have decided to HOLD on tight to "The Old Girl", but I do feel a slight adjustment coming soon. 2/21/2011

Draft saved Draft deleted