2011 GOLD high $1,500.00, SILVER high $24.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 3, 2010.

1. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

hmmm.....well thank you for sharing, I may have to bookmark this site then.....

=)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Lore updated 1 year, 11 months and 28 days ago" "It teaches you skills. . . "

Such as what skills?

4. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I was waiting for everyone to start calling the last round of profit taking a "correction". What I am finding a bit troubling is that the profit taking only drives the prices downward a very limited amount before it starts climbing again. With each floor higher than the previous one, just like gasoline prices.

Now, I am getting worried ! Seriously ! I fear the USD may be headed into a tailspin as we may be approaching the worst "stagflation" we have ever seen. Except now I fear they may need to coin a new term like "depressflation" for when the economy actually shrinks yet inflation runs rampant !

WWII brought about the last recovery because it created a manufacturing base in the US. Any ideas how jobs can be createdor brought back without somebody making or building something ? Just askin'

5. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Maybe there could be a "internet/web" kind of industrialization that comes about because I don't think we can create manufacturing fast enough, like China is really going to sit there and watch us build manufacturing warehouses to steal their business? The quickest thing I can think of is something internet related. The facebooks, googles of the world where all you need is a PC....

6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Good point. Some companies are reporting record profits because they're multinational (making significant profits overseas) but the GDP is only up 1.8%
    Bush and Obama believed(ed) creating government jobs and wars was the way to goose the economy.

In about 35 years we went from being the worlds creditor to the worlds largest debtor with absolutely no way to repay the debt.

Unfortunately our best days may be behind us. I hope it isn't true.
    The other day I read by 2016 China's economy will be the world's largest

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Agreed, those profits are a little misleading...it's not like 100% of those profits all came within.....It does feel like America is getting gutted.

Little by little "American" companies are branching out into foreign countries where most of the production and employees are, leaving perhaps just the HQ or something very little here int he states....(i'm just guessing here)

I believe that China will be relentless once they are in complete control. Then everyone here will be running around like headless chickens wondering how could this happen!

8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

On the Corporate side it's getting worse very rapidly. Corporate tax revenues are less each year because companies keep moving jobs overseas and now they're moving the corporate headquarters overseas as well.
    Some large corporations such as GE pay no taxes at all and even get tax credits.

It's amazing what's happened to this country in the last 35 years.

About five years ago I read the China and the US, in ten years time, will be at war. I believe it.
    They've been stealing our technology for decades.

9. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Isn't that because their shell companies overseas own all their intellectual property (and it's profits) while all their losses are made right here.

10. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

At some point we are going to become a desperate country. A desperate country that currently is the #1 superpower in the world is very dangerous.....right now we are making war "at will" with anyone we want!! And no one is stopping us....

But against nations that are more developed like Iran, China, Russia, that is a different story.....

I get the impression that we are so used to everything being OK that nothing bad can ever happen to us.... Like those school incidents when there's a shooting, and you interview the kids, and they say, "You hear about it on TV but you never think it will happen to your school!!"

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

>Isn't that because their shell companies overseas own all their intellectual property (and it's profits) while all their losses are made right here<

Yes and that's where the production is and most of the jobs.

12. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Among other things, advanced searching techniques. One very useful one I gleaned was the "intitle" function on google. For example, if you search for

filename.ext intitle:"index of"

it will locate any directory listings (since that is what "index of" represents) with that particular filename in it. There are countless tricks and techniques if you can find your way through the site. I highly recommend the reality cracking section =) /EOTangent (sorry Jim)

13. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

My needs must not be very sophisticated because I've been successful using real language for my Google Internet searches.
    years ago I was quite proud of my ability to perform deep boolean searches but that is a talent no longer in demand.

Are you using Google as a file manager?

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

15. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

16. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Very cool guys! I'm glad I'm not out on an island here. Gonna have to add those to my links.txt. There is some neat stuff on the site I mentioned about locating public yet proprietary databases with data that doesn't show up in regular search queries.

In regards to the other convo going on, the scenarios being described are pretty much the result of globalization. When corporations have no nationality, the working class of the world gravitates toward a median, essentially diminishing the middle class. Good for some countries, not so much for others.

17. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

During presidential debates years ago Ross Perot was known to say "that loud sucking sound you hear is jobs leaving the country" (due to the push for globalization) The jobs keep gravitating to places with the cheapest labor and are more or less politically stable as evidenced by jobs leaving China now.

Draft saved Draft deleted