2011 GOLD high $1,500.00, SILVER high $24.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 3, 2010.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

if you have farmland that is paying it's own way, than there is no downside

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

you're right, right now looks good.

4. Levi

Levi Member

OK, so I'm a silver idiot.
    I'm still waiting for the silver train to stop and turn around so I can get back on. :confused:
    Sheesh

At least Elaine's call for $1500 gold is right about met.

5. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Guys, regardless of how you manage your portfolio, plan for retirement, shelter income, etc. one thing has held true since man began to appreciate PMs. Is that, in a catastrophic event such as a rebellion, disease outbreak, economic collapse or whatever event would make you want to leave your location, PMs are the currency that buys your ticket. As Jews purchased passage away from Nazi occupied territories with their gold and silver coins, refugees have always resorted to PM currency. My generation saw Vietnamese and Cambodians flee their countries and their ticket on the underground railroads cost gold.

Call me a survivalist or whatever, but one should never overlook the insurance a few pounds of PMs can provide. That portion of your "savings" is something to set aside, add to when possible and never sold unless the absolute necessity requires it. Buried is different accessible locations so you can retrive at least some of it in the event it's needed. At that point, it becomes "priceless". IMHO

6. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

Two types of SoCal RE work real well . First is apt bldgs in low vacancy areas. 15 year loan and in year 16 you can retire off a small 8 unit bldg of 2 bedrooms with each one bringing in $1600 a month( $153,000 income-minus costs=$120,000).

The other is buying one upper end residential lot, and building it out, with you acting as the owner/builder. Done all the time. Saves you tons of money because most generals are to lazy to get a bunch of bids, and they all want to use the same subs (read poker buddies, brother in law) they've used for years. No bid competition there. I guarantee you you will build it 15- 35% cheaper than most generals. Where it does work (homes 2-4 million), your second build out is a million dollar profit. btw The first $500,000 is tax free if you live in the home 2 years and are married.

Right now the big builders aren't building houses, they are however using all their money to buy lots. Great time to go dirt shopping in upper end areas.

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Agreed entirely......

8. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Silver will NOT hit $50 in 2011. I repeat..........Silver will NOT hit $50 in 2011.

Just my gut feeling speaking to me. :)

9. sk8er722

sk8er722 New Member

I think Silver will hit $50 late summer, early fall...

10. BigsWick

BigsWick Rat Powered

Nah, you aren't being paranoid. There is a lot of truth in what you wrote.

11. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I think we will see the big 5 0 this year; I think we'll also see a Sharp drop, and then it will head back up.

I can hardly fathom this incredible rise in both gold and silver..scares the tar out of me!

12. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Well it looks like the NO $50 Silver thread got closed before it could get there ;) I crunched some numbers yesterday. If you strictly look at the finite run since Feb 1st silver is gaining on average over 20 cents per day which put it on target to reach $50 within 30 days conservatively (based on assuming the trend continues). After today's $1 jump though, it could even be sooner, or not. :yes:

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not really up on all the latest technical analysis tools, but I'm pretty sure linear extrapolation isn't the benchmark for reliability. :)

14. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Why was the other thread closed? Starting to turn unkind, I imagine. And now, we have surpassed the OP's prediction for the possibility of Gold $1500 and Silver..(modified in later post..)

Elaine, if you are reading this, perhaps you would consider jumping back in to update the numbers?
    And what's happened to everyone that was active here before -- climate change?

Anyway, currently: (Bid)
    Gold: 1504.10
    Silver: 45.05
    Platinum: 1798.00
    Palladium: 755.00
    And, the dollar is down, at 74.39

Lucy

15. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I would agree. With something as volitile as silver, price forecasts aren't realiable. Jesse Livermore liked to say, "the path of least resistence is up" and that's about the best any of us can do.

16. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

Silver Bid $45.97 Ask $46.02

this is kinda crazy...not to be sounding like a crazy nut case...but we may actually see $50 silver in month

I might actually sell some silver cause about 10% inflation and silver being up like 250% in the past 9 months... it seems a bit much to worry about inflation also if I do sell it will be basically to just recoup a large chunk of the starter money I put in and even if silver falls even to ZERO! :D I'm not really out anything :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

17. BusterHighman

BusterHighman New Member

Great idea. Better sell it soon.

Silver is going up for reasons besides inflation, which is WAY more than 10% anyway. Do you need the cash? Do you have a reason to believe the price is going to fall aside from it's recent run up? What will you do with the dollars? Aren't you afraid that they will continue to plummet?

Silver will have a short term correction and it may be relatively big, but WHO CARES. You're still looking good even if it falls back to $38, which I seriously doubt given the frothy demand, fiat debasement, and widespread political/social instability.

This thing has a ways to go. Physical Silver is a GREAT place to be right now. Pay attention to the market so you'll be ready to sell when the time is right.

www.ZeroHedge.com

18. AlexN2coins2004

:rolleyes: you seem to me to be a great guy...:rolleyes:

I put my opinion here and I didn't realize I needed to ask you what my opinion should be nor think I needed to defend my opinion since it being an opinion isn't fact nor do I claim it to be...

as for whether I sell now or in a few days or decide to hold off for a bit...I don't quite see how it matters much to you...

I kinda think it's funny how many new people have flocked to the forums here with the rise of silver...as for whether I should "Pay attention to the market so you'll be ready to sell when the time is right." can you tell me or anyone else exactly when that is with 100% accuracy? the answer "nope" so why you preaching "gospel" when it's actually just a guess?

on another note I didn't realize people were allowed to advertise websites and businesses in their signature...guess things have changed...also do you have survival packs, gas masks, shelters, shot gun shells, canned and freeze dried food on your site?

19. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

You are exactly right. There are a few people here who constantly push the advice to (1) ignore short term corrections even if they are relatively large and (2) pay attention to the market so you can sell when the time is "right". This was exactly the mentality that hurt so many people when the tech stock bubble burst in 2000. They ignored the dips, or worse, bought more. The market trained them to always buy the dips and hold on. Then one day, the market dipped, they bought, and it kept dropping with some of the true believers buying all the way to the bottom and getting financially crushed. They are married to their investments in PMs and will suffer the fate of all who let themselves get into that situation.

20. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Oh I'm still lurking. I don't know what happened to Krispy though? How are things with you?

21. AlexN2coins2004

maybe krispy got burnt out from all the new people that seem to be overly bullish and pounce on any opinion that doesn't fit exactly with their beliefs.

how you doing by the way man? you bought anything yet this year? I was able to pick up $8.60 face value in junk silver with 11 silver dimes in uncirculated condition for 24.25x face value this past weekend at a coin show I went to with my dad then went out to eat afterwards for Fajitas! and it was my treat :D all in all it was a great time. I just wish that we had more coin shows then the 2-3 a year around here...

Draft saved Draft deleted