2011 ASE 25th Anniversary Set (A25) - Order thread

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BullionBully, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Buck

Buck Member

Any news today waitlisters? I wrote to Santa today and told him what you all wanted for Christmas. I hope it helps. I figured anything is worth a try.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinperson

coinperson Member

383940xx -6:24pm backordered expected to ship 12/28/2011 -I hope I don't have to wait another weekend.

4. Buck

Buck Member

My set was acknowledged on Thursday of last week. It shipped on Friday and I got the set Monday. It doesn't take the mint long once they make the decision of make you in stock and reserved. Let's hope Thursday is the day.

5. steve1942

steve1942 Junior Member

Lots of complaints about packaging and poor 3rd party scores. I purchased 2 sets. My coins came back with 6 70's and 4 69's. My 2nd 70 was the bullion coin, not a money coin but still nothing to complain about.

6. coinperson

coinperson Member

My order has been cancelled 383940xx. I posted this on another thread. Got the dear john email this morning! I wish the rest of you waiting all the luck in the world. I want to thank all those that were pulling for us! You were a great support group! Happy Holidays everyone!

7. krispy

krispy krispy

And I already replied to your other thread, but will add my condolences for you here too. Sorry it didn't come through after your long hard battle with patience and commitment. Happy Holidays coinperson, and the other's who hung on or yet may be still hanging in mint-limbo.

8. steve1942

steve1942 Junior Member

Really sorry to hear that, especially if you're a collector and not a flipper. It's sad that so many collector's got knocked out because some flippers received 5 sets now being sold at auction. Wonder why it has taken the Mint so long to know you didn't make the cut. You must have been very close. That makes things even tougher.

9. coinperson

coinperson Member

Thanks steve1942! On the Coin Mint blog I also saw 383936xx and up receiving dear johns by email. All this waiting...one good thing is that the stress of waiting is over. I'm still pulling for those people that still have hope!:hail:

10. coinperson

coinperson Member

Also, I'm a collector. All I wanted to do was look and feel that beautiful set in my hands and then wrap it up and give it to my grandson for Christmas. What a disappointment! Ok, enough self pity. Ill wait for the 30th Anniv set! This time I'll be working phones and computers lol!

11. MrMoJoeRizin

MrMoJoeRizin Member

Sincerely Sorry, Coinperson

Sorry to hear that after all this time you end up with a "Dear John" letter. Many of us were pulling for you, and I know I wouldn't have appreciated all the undue stress you and the others were put through.

There are still several unopened five-set boxes for sale on ebay. That represents people who for no other reason than greed deprived the long term collectors of a chance to own a set. I don't want to pontificate on this forum, and such is the world, but I am truly sorry you won't have a set.

Had I ordered more than one set, I assure you I would be offering you one for cost plus shipping. I know from your posts that you are one of us diehard collectors, bitten by the coin bug. Best of luck, good to have chatted with you.

12. coinperson

coinperson Member

Thanks for the kind words. You're all a great bunch of people! There will be another opportunity. When one door closes another will open! :thumb:

13. Buck

Buck Member

Coinperson, i'm really sorry you didn't get your set. I'm going to have a word with Santa. I wonder if there is anyone left on a waiting list? Is this the end?

14. brunim6987

brunim6987 New Member

Order #38393xxx - cancelled, out of stock. Have not received the email yet but its coming. I was fortunate enough to have gotten four sets through, this was to have been number five. Oh well.

15. coinperson

coinperson Member

What I got from the coin mint blog was orders 383936xx and up were receiving cancellations. I guess alot went out today from the mint. Although, I have to tell you, it wasn't an email I received. I don't know why I said that in my earlier posts. It was the us mint order site, where they say "your order request is in process". This time it said "your order request is cancelled" Thats it...no sorry, no regret to inform you. Just cancelled! Thank Santa anyways!

16. Buck

Buck Member

Is there anyone out there still backordered? And coinperson, I've been feeling bad for you all day. If I had an extra, it would be yours at mint cost.

17. coinperson

coinperson Member

Thanks a lot, Buck! I have a feeling you would! Don't feel bad. I'm alright with it now. It is what it is. Theres still the 30th Anniversary Set. I'll work towards getting that one!:thumb:

18. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

There still appears to be a small number not yet cancelled.

[TABLE="width: 429"]

3839257x
    6:16
    shipped 12/9

38392xxx

backordered 12/14

38392xxx

backordered 12/5

383927xx
    6:17
    backordered 12/15

3839278x
    6:18
    backordered 12/15

383932xx
    6:20
    dear john letter 12/15
    [/TABLE]

19. Buck

Buck Member

Any news from the waitlisters? My apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I've been living in this place for two months and can't get out til this whole ordeal is over.

20. Printer123

Printer123 New Member

383931** backordered to 1/2/2012 now. Dear John letter is around the corner.

21. coinperson

coinperson Member

Keep the faith Printer123. Thats all you can do. I hope you get your set or sets!:thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted