2011 ASE 25th Anniversary Set (A25) - Order thread

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BullionBully, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

What time did you order?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinperson

coinperson Member

Thanks for all your support airraid1999!

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Might be because of all the abuses with the Presidential $250 boxes. Folks would order boxes of presidential dollars on their credit cards, earn the rewards, then just cash the coins in at the bank. Possibly, the mint might have alerted the credit card companies of these shenanigans and maybe the CC companies shut down the rewards for mint purchases. Not totally certain on this, but it might be a possible reason for you not getting rewards on your purchase.

5. coinlover11111

coinlover11111 New Member

Could be. Although there is a fundamental Difference between order $1 coin at the Face value, shipped FREE, from this American silver eagle. And I am asking my credit card company doing a research, I will see what they say.

But my guess is that, the U.S. Mint may have entered an agreement with ALL the credit card companies, NOT to give any rewards for the charge coming from them. As a kick back, the U.S Mint will pay LOWER credit card fee. I could be wrong. I will take a look at the old Chase Freedom card statement, and see whether some smaller purchase I made from US Mint before got that 1% back.

6. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

i know eBay stopped giving eBay buck on bullion coins why i don't know bucks was credit on next buy in 3 month period my discover card gave me 1% on my buy at mint

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

The day of free cash back, or rewards of any kind, is coming to an end with bank cards. They were shot down when they tried to charge for usage every month on debit cards, so they will eventually recover money from these programs. Someone should tell them to look at executive bonus programs instead.

8. coinlover11111

But many lists under World Coin, still eligible for Ebay bucks.

I see. So you still get reward from US Mint on Discover card.

9. coinlover11111

so far, many credit cards are still giving at least 1% cash back, Citi dividend card, Chase Freedom, and others.

10. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

yes i am also citi

11. brunim6987

brunim6987 New Member

Flying Dog - order #38393xxx was at 6:24pm.

12. coinperson

coinperson Member

My order 383940xx was at 6:24pm also.

13. Buck

Buck Member

Be patient this week all you waitlisters. Remember that it was thursday of last week before the last round went through. I'm hoping that everyone gets their order by Christmas.

14. coinperson

coinperson Member

Still hanging in there! 12/26/2011 now.

15. DanG

DanG New Member

First Post. Just a note that I received 25th Anniversery set today. Order number is in the range of 38391XXX.

I have enjoyed the opinions and banter on the page since I found it, and for the information and updates I gathere from the thread. Long wait, but wanted to give my order receipt, to update others that are still waiting.

16. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

:welcome: DanG,

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting your order #, Do you know about what time of day you got your order through on the 27th ? (Eastern Time Zone ?)

17. DanG

DanG New Member

Well, thank you, for the welcome.

The order receipt from the mint is "Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 06:12 PM"

I printed the receipt at 5:17 p.m. Central time, from my pc, so I would assume that the 6:12 is Eastern Time Zone.

18. Buck

Buck Member

Welcome to the forums Dan. It sounds like we're going to get some snow in the next day or two. I didn't get any out of the first blast. Enjoy your set. I received mine out of the same round of shipments. We were so far into the wait list that I figured we were sunk.

19. DanG

DanG New Member

Thanks Buck, I am happy to here you got a set also.

I would like express my appreciation to all that posted status of their orders, Flying Dog for putting into a list, and to all others with the positive hopeful comments. This was the only forum I found, that seemed to have information on us with pending orders. The mint did not really have any information, or at least that they were willing to share. I think one comment stated it like the NCAA basketball tournament selection "On the Bubble".

Here is hoping that anyone with a pending order, will get one.

20. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Thanks

21. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Welcome. yea it's been kinda fun keeping track of all the orders and times etc. Coming down to the wire. The last ship date I saw was 12/9 for a 6:13 order. And then we have this.....

[TABLE="width: 563"]

383933xx
    6:20
    backordered 12/8
    22-Dec

383932xx
    6:23
    backordered 12/3
    17-Dec

38393xxx
    6:24
    backordered 12/9