2011 ASE 25th Anniversary Set (A25) - Order thread

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BullionBully, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Awolter

Awolter Monkey Wrench

Having the limit of 5 sets per household saves the mint money. If they can send out 20,000-40,000 orders instead of 100,000, it saves them time and money with shipping and employment costs. Plus we will get our coins faster!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andyscouse

andyscouse Collector of Brit stuff

Order #38346XXX (1 set)
    Placed 2:00pm or so

4. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

ive been hung up on the website for over 2 hours. arghh. all i can afford is one. just one for lil ole me

5. avr5700

avr5700 Member

I think you'll get it. Be persistent. Even a wait list (early on) should be fine since there are doubtless many an order that will be kicked out.

6. vorador

vorador Junior Member

Finally got mine through! Been on since 12:04 pm on multiple browsers but finally got it at 2:40 pm. At about 2:25 I was able to login and add cart and checkout relatively quick but after I hit place/confirm order as the last step, took about 12 min to get through :eek:. Only 1 set for me to keep, not gonna get sucked into flipping. Hopefully everyone that want's one is able to get the original price.

7. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

It took about 20 minutes for me as well to order my 2 sets.

Placed 2:31
    Order #38350XXX

8. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

I wonder how relevant the online confirmation numbers with the phone orders.

9. phdunay

phdunay Member

I haven't been able to get mine yet...

10. taz

taz devilish for coins

We must be using the same route... been on as long, still no success...

11. susannyny

susannyny Member

It took me 2 hours and 50 minutes, but I was just able to complete my purchase. I decided to only go with ordering 2 sets (I was originally going to purchase 5 and re-sell 3). Hoping that others can get in on the buy.

12. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Order #38351xxx at 2:45 P. M. ET by phone.

13. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

i have had it in my cart for over and hour, just jammed up and time out before i can get to the final stage. arghhhhh
    awful.jpg

14. avr5700

avr5700 Member

Well, they are all 383 prefixed and heading up below that. It suggests the same order database is behind this. The web servers are a likely bottleneck which the internal ordering app may not have any concern over.

We are at 26K orders since noon now. Looking like a today sellout to me.

15. treehugger

The guy that took my phone order told me those numbers are in the same sequence as the online order numbers, so I think your guess is pretty valid.
    He also said people are having better luck with the phone than online on this particular day.

16. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

Does anyone know if the mint site is advanced enough to change the status once 100k are sold, or will it need intervention to change it? I am wondering if people who think they got their order in on time will have them changed to wait list or have them cancelled. I am surprised that the buying hasn't slowed down yet. I feel sorry for those who thought it would take a couple of days and were waiting until tonight to buy.

17. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET (A25)
    Qty 5 @ $299.95 - Backordered 11/10/11.

Order number 38331XXX

18. treehugger

I would think you won't know until you have it for sure until you have it for sure. The Mint can do pretty much whatever it wants.

19. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

I ordered online and it took an hour and a half. It kept tossing me out and locking up the screen. Even after I put the stuff in my shopping cart, it took me anther 45 minutes to check out. Geesh!

20. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

i keep hearing that dude from the death star trench run in my head
    "almost there....., almost there.....,"

21. Awolter

Awolter Monkey Wrench

#38328xxx at 12:21PM EST
    #38357xxx at 3:08PM EST

Made two orders, allocated more funds. Feel lucky to have gotten that last one in! These are selling FAST

Draft saved Draft deleted