2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. x115

x115 Collector

you can get robbed walking down the street. but at least ebay you have there address ! i like buying on ebay, but i try not to sell on ebay. to many fee's

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. x115

x115 Collector

if some one stiffed me out of a couple hundred ,i dont care what any one says , im knocking on doors.

it goes both ways. you can get ripped off as a buyer or seller. it's all about keeping your eyes open and a little trust.

4. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Agrees ...can get some really great deals if you know what your doing, selling though to many fees not real seller friendly!

5. SteveM1320

SteveM1320 New Member

Expected to ship on 11/21/2011...

I'm hoping they ship by "the end of November," as we were originally told. But today i'm wondering when "the end" means... Nov 30th?

6. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Sell your sets to a reputable dealer. There are several well known ones that are making offers.

7. kd13

kd13 New Member

no way your going to get a good price for them from a dealer... like the idea but little money to be made there.

8. kd13

kd13 New Member

So with the registered mail insurance, if a buyer claims to have gotten an empty box then I will be able to get my money back from USPS?

9. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

If you are that concerned, why don't you list it on Craigslist? You can sell it outright and walk off with the money?
    No ridiculous eBay fees and no shipping. I'm more worried about eBay getting away with robbery than I am a buyer. I've sold on eBay for many years, sold alot of very expensive coins, and there has never been anything wrong happen, or even questioned. I am always very careful, keep all receipts and do follow ups. All you can do is be careful and cover your back in the event something does happen.

10. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Sir Charles, Craigslist is a good choice but when you meet for the settlement it is best to do it in a mutually agreed on bank ( normally my bank). That way you can deposit the check or cash in your account and give the buyer his coin (s). I have done this many times feeling safe on finalizing the deal

11. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I agree with you about meeting somewhere in public but I would never hand over the coins for a check. The way I look at it, if the buyer has the money in his checking account he can just as easily bring cash for the purchase.

12. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Very good point! I have never used Craigslist, but since there are SO many people out there looking for these, it just seemed like a great alternative. It shouldn't take long at all to get some bites on it.

13. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I believe the USPS insurance is for the package getting lost or damaged in transit. If the unopened undamaged box is successfully delivered, then I don't think you can make a claim. Registered boxes get special handling and tracking.

The biggest advantage of sending USPS registered mail is that a claim of an empty box could result in charges of mail fraud by the feds. It's a pretty big hammer that most people will want to avoid.

14. x115

x115 Collector

I just checked my order status. it no longer says "backordered" now it says "in stock and reserved "

15. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

So do mine, and the ship date of 11/20 has disappeared. Maybe they are getting ready to ship?

16. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Mine, Too! Nothing on CC yet, though.

17. x115

x115 Collector

I hope they ship within a couple of days

18. Speedie

Speedie New Member

Woot! Same status here. Can't wait to see these puppies!

19. kd13

kd13 New Member

I have a feeling that the shipping date of the 10th will happen!

20. lillyboots

lillyboots Member

In Stock and Reserved means they are waiting for payment from processing company. The status will not change until payment is received, items goes to shipping and is ready to be shipped. I think some lucky ones will ship on Thursday and the rest will wait until Monday due to the Friday Holiday. We are one step closer however!!!!!

• Each day, the order management system generates several "ship lists" which contain all of the orders in line that have been cleared for shipment. These orders can be broken into categories to gain efficiencies.
    • Personnel at the fulfillment center package and prepare for shipping all orders on their designated ship list in the most efficient manner. After an order is completely packaged and prepared for shipment, it is then moved to the shipping team for carrier pick-up. If the product is moved to the carrier pick-up area, an e-mail ship confirmation will be sent to the customer with tracking information.
    • If all orders on the daily ship lists did not complete the fulfillment process, which is complete with the e-mail ship confirmation, those orders carry over to the next day.

21. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

No. Which is understandable from USPS's point of view. think how easy it would be to pull an insurance scam if all you had to do was insure an empty box or a box full of sand and send it to someone, and even if they complain that the box was empty, you still get insurance money.

I think people rely on insurance too heavily. They'll ship it to a dubious buyer or package the item like crap and expect insurance to be an all-encompassing safety net. Filing an insurance claim is a PITA, which tends to take weeks (if not months) with no guarantee that you'll be paid out. You also need proof of original cost, which is what the claim amount will be based on. You only rely on insurance as a last resort, and hope you never have to file a claim.

Draft saved Draft deleted