2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

has anyone's ordering status moved beyond the "in process" stage in the Mint's ordering process?
    My order still displays "in process" with the ship date moving out daily. Currently it's November 20th.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danr

Danr Numismatist

this is going to hit the ebay flippers hard

4. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

My says 5 units backordered with shipment on 11/20/2011. I did notice that they've sent a request to my credit card yesterday for payment. It may be the check to assure that it has appropriate funds or it could mean that they are ready to ship it. Since I ordered and already received the Glacier hockey puck on the same order, I'm hoping for the latter.

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

it has been my experience that once the credit card is charged they are on their way. Many times the website lags behind this process. Maybe as a deterrent to prying eyes, maybe not, but many times I have received mine on or before it physically said "shipped"

...and to be clear about my previous post: I don't want anyone to think that I am against flippers, I'm not. What I am against is the people who circumvented the rules and in the process crowded out legitimate buyers that wanted 1 for their own collection.

6. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I agree with you Mike but the system is setup to reward the ingenious. If you get friends and family to order them for you, is that wrong? For the record, I only ordered five for myself.

7. lillyboots

lillyboots Member

Keep checking your credit card, as it will show the charge before the US Mint shows reserved. The Mint waits for payment from the processor (not approval) which usually takes 3-4 days after the request for amounts over $600. Some processor's will do it in 1 day for lessor amounts.

8. x115

x115 Collector

2 sets is 604.95 with shipping. so yours will take longer ?

9. x115

x115 Collector

[​IMG] Originally Posted by lillyboots [​IMG]
    What appears to be happening with the orders is the way they are filled. If you ordered 1 or 2, those will go through the credit card verification process must faster than those that ordered 3 or more. You may have been first in, but because you ordered 5 sets and the process takes longer, and 10,000 orders behind that are for 1 or 2, they just got filled before yours. What this means is that a lot of the orders for 5 won't get filled. I have several orders in with family, I personally ordered 2 and they are 35,000 numbers behind a family member who ordered 5 sets. Mine are in process, his are still on hold!

2 sets is 604.95 with shipping

10. x115

x115 Collector

I just got off the phone with a Rep, orders will be filled by the order they were placed, not by quantity. . Basically first come, first served. She says it does not matter if you ordered one or five . Your order will be processed in the order you were placed. Of course, you can get different stories from different reps. But I am sure it can depend on a lot of factors. Like where you live.

11. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

wish they would be more update on info where they are in orders?

12. sturmgrenadier

sturmgrenadier Junior Member

I just got off the phone with a rep who told me (nearly verbatim) that 'processing of these orders, the 25th Anniversary sets, has not yet begun. Processing in the warehouse may begin this week as early as Monday. You are welcome to call back Monday evening or Tuesday to see if there is any updated information.' For what it's worth...

13. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

thanks all updates would be appreciated thanks

14. kd13

kd13 New Member

Selling these on eBay advice???

Planning to sell 2-3 of the 4 sets I have coming... Would like some advice on not getting scammed on ebay.

Already know the basics - Only taking payment from PayPal confirmed buyer/address. Sending with trackable shipping & Signature confirmation.

But it always makes me nervous to be sending such a high value item out and getting scammed by someone...

Other than what I mentioned is there anything else I can do to ensure I'm not scammed?

15. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

nope

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Chip's right. Other than handing this set off to someone local or someone you know, you're taking a chance.

17. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Make sure you include insurance to cover the full auction amount as it is the sellers responsibility. This at least insures that you will not be on the hook in the event that something happens during shipment.

18. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Like yours the only thing changing is the shipping date!! But Ahh here comes a new week of anticipation and the waiting game!!

19. x115

x115 Collector

you can also set your seller preferences on EBay to block certain bidders, such as, bidders with low rating, or bidders with EBay violations. You can also block bidders who do not have a confirmed address or PO Box. In my opinion there is some fraudulent buyers and sellers on EBay. But I know there are a lot of good people that buy and sell on EBay. Good honest people. But there is always that chance. As long as the sellers are honest and fair there is a good chance you will draw an honest buyer. For example, I don't think sellers should make money on shipping, you should only charge what is expected to cost. Long story short, go into your Seller Preferences and there is all kinds of little doo dads you can tweek.

20. kd13

kd13 New Member

whats best Fedex or USPS?

21. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

Regular insurance doesn't cover coins if you actually read the policy. So all those people paying insurance for coins are basically wasting money. But I've seen cases where they allowed the insurance claim, and some where it was denied. They're all supposed to be denied though... Insured registered mail does cover coins and bullion.

Regardless, if you have it insured or not, if the buyer claims they received an empty box, paypal will refund them. If USPS asks them for information and they tell usps the box was empty, your insurance claim with them will be denied.

No matter what you do or how many precautions you take, the buyer can always shaft a seller on ebay.

If you're serious about selling on ebay, you're probably better off bundling at least 2 sets and shipping registered. Or selling single sets to different buyers to decrease the risk you'll get shafted. Set up a BIN OBO with the BIN price high. That way, you can pick and choose an offer from the most reputable appearing buyer (versus the auction style where you're forced to transact with the highest bidder).

Draft saved Draft deleted