2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say that when I check the tracking info on Monday morning that the date will have been moved to the 21 , November if the the mint stays consistant!lol

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I think they are having too much difficulty shipping all of the Army, Medal of Honor and September 11th commemorative coins that have been ordered and that is delaying the shipment of the 25th anniversary sets. (Please don't throw anything at me.) Nothing against having a 9/11 coin, but the design left quite a bit to be desired.

For anybody who is interested, the commemoratives for 2012-2014 are: Infantry, Girl Scouts and Civil Rights Act. Looks like I'll be saving some money over the next few years.

4. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

I wonder if there will be a boy on the Girl Scout coin.

5. treehugger

I'd like to see the Mint do something edgy, like a series called "Greatest American Government Blunders". My top 5 in chronological order would be:

Native American Trail of Tears
    Prohibition
    Japanese-American Internment
    Iraq Invasion of 2003
    Henry Paulson

I think those might sell.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I wonder if the Girl Scouts commem will have any guys depicted on it..........

Shoot. Copperhead beat me to it.......:)

7. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

hahahaha... you saw that story too!!

8. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

It makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would a credit card authorization for a small amount be faster than an authorization for a larger amount? Your card is either good for the amount or not. I ordered 5 sets and was not among the earliest to get through (my order was confirmed at 3:23pm) and my order went "in process" 3 days ago.

9. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

When the mint checks your credit card for validity it doesn't leave anything visible on your account. I have bought dozens of items from the mint and I have never seen any charge appear on my account until the day the item ships and then they bill for the entire amount. I'm not sure they actually check your account for available funds; they do make sure it's a valid unexpired account and they use the information to detect duplicate orders.

10. C Jay

C Jay Member

Actually it's a 5 coin set with...

- Samoas
    - Thin Mints
    - Peanut Butter Patties
    - Shortbread
    - A Reverse Proof Fat Free Commemorative

The set comes packaged in a brightly colored cookie box and supplies are limited. The only comment from the mint on household limits is "It's not all you can eat."

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You forgot Tagalongs. I love Tagalongs........:)

12. phdunay

phdunay Member

What are the kind with the coconut, chocolate and caramel? I forget their name, those are my favorite.

13. treehugger

That is too funny! As an aside, for those of you who like Thin Mints, if it is not GS Cookie season, Keebler makes a cookie called "Grasshopper" which is almost identical to Thin Mints. They are really good; especially if you keep them frozen.

14. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

blaspheme!!! :D

15. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Samoas

16. treehugger

I swear on my 2006 Silver Eagle Reverse Proof it's true!

17. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

I remember a few years ago wal-mart was planning on making a line of Girl Scout copies (not stamped copy in bold letters I might add) Man were the Girl Scouts P.O.'d

18. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

This is great. I come to read about the 25th ASE set and you guys are talking girl scout cookies... What a side track, haha.

I've lived on the West Coast and the East Coast and that delicious Somoa's (West Coast Name) are called something different on the EC. I can't remember...

I may just have to eat a box while I ponder PCGS submissions....

19. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

True the topic is 25th ASE, but its like watching a pan of water waiting for it to boil! It just seems to take that much longer! Now back to GS cookies, my favorite is the Thin Mints, I usually try and by 12-15 boxes! Love'em!

20. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I think they are identical. I was told Keebler makes both the Grasshopper and the GS Thin Mint (it may say Keebler on their box).

21. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

They are identical, just recognized differently.

I am so excited to receive my coins. I'm saving them for my baby boy's (born Oct 17th) college fund. All proceeds (down the road) will get deposited into his 529 plan.

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted