2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. If this is true, I am sure a special TPG label will be made. :rollureyes: :rolleyes: Just think, only 100,000 of them will be minted. :D ;) :devil: TC

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Harvey sold 14 of your sets. you are telling me you got only 5? :D

4. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

To go along with the "s"-less "S". Does anyone have confirmation on this though? It would be interesting, and I'm sure someone will pay more for them if it's true.

5. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

I ordered 1 set and I'm sittin here w/ everyone else waiting for my order to go thru! I thought I had somethin though, I checked my email an had one from the mint! But, it was the letter about them being sorry for there ordering system!

6. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

I believe The Mint was not expecting such a demand for these coins! They sold out and was back logged and now its mass confusion at the mint. My shipping date has been moved again just like everyone else now showining 11/18 as shipping date! I've set my sites on Turkey day or after before any are shipped!

7. sssick

sssick New Member

I haven't even seen an authorization on my Amex yet. Is it normal for the mint to not even see if your card is good, until right before it ships?

8. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Spoke w/ a represenative at the mint just moments ago... all bullion the coins in theset are being minted at West Point! She also informed me that none of the orders have been authorized.. once that happens orders will start shipping! Just a heads up!

9. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Try calling again, I bet you get a completely different story.

10. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

What did you here Statequarterguy? Whats the skuddlebutt?

11. statequarterguy

Nothing new. I've just had experience getting different stories from phone reps. They generally don't know what's going on, unless they're reading from a memo.

12. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Anyone at the mint is clueless, if they tell you otherwise, they're lying.

13. statequarterguy

No, if they tell you otherwise, it shows you how clueless they are. lol

14. kd13

kd13 New Member

Got a message from the eBay seller that sold a single set for $1500, I believe that was the highest on ebay.

No surprise but he didn't get paid. He sold two sets and didn't get paid on both...

15. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Wow if thats $1500/set and it is legit and it remains, which may not be the case, that is one #3!! of a return, and I'm not selling for 20-30 years...

16. x115

x115 Collector

17. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I'm thinking an ebay auction ending with a $1,500.00 bid and a seller actually receiving payment for that bid might not necessarily be the same thing.

18. sturmgrenadier

sturmgrenadier Junior Member

The last sentence of this article is open to interpretation: Does 'Delivery of the sets to successful buyers was set to begin Nov. 10' mean that the mint is no longer planning to start shipping on that day? Or is it still aiming for Nov. 10th? Either way, I don't know how accurate this news is anyway. All I'm sure of is that I'm hoping for them to start 11/10, as my birthday is Veteran's Day. A tracking number would be an awesome present:) As other posters have pointed out, though, we will all survive if there are delays in shipping.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=24329&et_mid=524825&rid=2186423

19. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Harvey sold 14 of your sets. you are telling me you got only 5?"

Yes. None of my five sets are for sale. I don't know Harvey.

20. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Who knows what is going on? Mine says it should ship on 11/18. I guess that's more or less late November, as the Mint stated when the set was first announced. Hopefully, that will be the furthest time frame.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

This same thing happened with the 2010 ASE Proofs. Eventually they shipped.........

Draft saved Draft deleted